Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / FPS general help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, so i'm making a FPS game, jut made a test level with basic stuff (enemy, gun, etc.) and i tried a for loop to load all the images for ammo (one image for full, another for one less ammo, etc.) and i'm just wondering, why won't it print out correctly? Or is there an easier or better way to do it? I have other questions like collision, but i need to know how the for loop isn't working first. my source is attached and i don't think you need that actual files, but if i do, tell me which ones i need.

Thx

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 03:18
I assume this is the code you mean:

When you want to use variables in string form you use the STR$() command to convert it to a string without changing the variable.

Like this:

Also this should work if you go from 1 to 50 rather than backwards.

Derekioh
Years of Service
User Offline
thx, i also have a question with collision. for my collision, i don't know how to make a collsion with sparky for a wall or an object(such as an enemy). how would i do that (don't have to correct my source, just a way to do it will be fine).
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 18:54 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2009 18:56
I would help you with your problem but I never use sparkys collision routines (I don't do a lot of 3D stuff). You can use the thread subject search box at the bottom of this message and type "sparkys collision" or just "sparkys" in it and you'll see many messages talking about it... one of them may help you.

Derekioh
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, thx for the help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:22:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:22:26