Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Music software?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I wonder if anyone has made a program in db or db pro that can manipulate and save wav files. Like a tracker or software synth? Anybody?
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 13:31
i have seen an example of how to make and save a .wav file before, but that was a long time ago and i dont know where i saw it, sorry. At least you know there's one out there

www.shockforge.com ShockForge Software
www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
...::::ShockForge::::...
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 22:56
There's an example in the help in DB about recording and saving sounds, and if you use memblocks you can edit the sound loads. I had great fun replaying stuff backwards. But that was written by me for fun, so there was no real user interface or anything, I don't think I even have the code anymore.
ironhoof
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive made one with a windows like interface i made. However I got bored with it after I decided it was too hard to figure out how to make a pitch shifter. I did however make a WAVE to GUS PAT converter for (mod/it/s3m/xm/669 ect) files.. I dont think that means much to anyone

-----\
There was a man on the stairs that wasn't there.
He wasn't there agian today I think he's from the CIA.
ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
Were you trying to change the pitch without changing the time? That would be hard. I'm not sure how you manipulate wavs. Is it just a number in the header that's the playback speed?

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 20:39
By changing the pitch, you change the rate, but this also plays more or less data and therefore lengthens or shortens it.

This has "Fiasco" written all over it.
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 23:27
To increase the pitch you need to halve each sample and duplicate it, so you have a higher-pitched and therefore shorter sample, but it still occupies the same length of time, because there are more samples there. If the intervals are small enough, there shouldn't be too much loss of quality.

To lower the pitch do the opposite - double the samples and remove every other one so the time intervals are the same.

Hope you understood that, simply fill in the time gaps to get the timing the same.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:53:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:53:46