Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2009 12:52 Edited at: 26th Oct 2009 08:55
Hey guys

This is the first game I am officially working on in FPS Creator.

Welcome to SpeedRun

Quote: " Get to Speedrun now, and have a more exciting life, just like it used to ***"

SpeedRun is a game set in the 24th century, where a thriving underground game called SpeedRun. It is a unique take on the common time trial where you must get from one end of the level to the other as quickly as possible while blasting away advanced robots who will attempt to kill you.

Quote: " Speedrun will protect you from any damage caused with state-of-the-art armor, ensuring you a safe and adrenaline-filled experience."

I have uploaded a teaser trailer, and some screen shots are going to be made soon (once I make more levels). I hope you stick around for more updates. For now, here is the teaser. I know a couple of people who've said they really like it. Hope you guys do too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFbz-DPp8Fw
Zeroff
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome, but I don't think that Lionhead would be proud that you used The Movies for the cutscenes. but you can script cutscenes like I am.

Yet to have a signature
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2009 15:48
You need a screen. Threads on the W.I.P forum, wihout screens will get locked. I made that mistake long time ago, too. So better get a screen here, and fast!

Can you survive from the horrors of the hidden land Occulo?
Lukers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2009 16:24
he's got a link to video that counts doesn't it?
mollyrulz9999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 05:59 Edited at: 26th Oct 2009 08:54
Quote: "Awesome, but I don't think that Lionhead would be proud that you used The Movies for the cutscenes. but you can script cutscenes like I am."

I don't think Lionhead really cares about anyone does with 'the Movies' anymore since they shut down the Movies website (as well as taking off everyone's movies, including my own). I've seen a gazillion movies made with the game on YouTube anyway, and i'm not going to sell the game, so I think it'll be fine.

Quote: " You need a screen. Threads on the W.I.P forum, wihout screens will get locked. I made that mistake long time ago, too. So better get a screen here, and fast!"

I know. I got a screen a couple of minutes ago. In fact, I have 4. which I have uploaded onto imageshack.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1781/speedrun.png
Yes, there is the occasional corridor, but the speed of the player has greatly increased (being the future and more technologically advanced and all) so they're not really all that long

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1577/speedrun2.png
I am looking around for some advanced AI scripts that will hopefully challenge players. The AI won't be hard though. Instead, it'll gradually increase as the player goes through the game

this is only beta, and the corpse and table were there for cover for the enemy (and you, depending on your tactics), but i don't really have any excuse for the corpse to be there. It'll probably be removed in the final product.

This is a feature I like alot. You can manipulate the placement of barrels or any collection of things not attatched to anything (or static) and you can dynamically make your own cover. It helps and it works. Mind you, they're completely optional to use.
mollyrulz9999
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a new website up for SpeedRun. Here's the link:

http://www.freewebs.com/speedrun01/

From there you can look at my checklist of things to do for the game, download the demo and look at pictures and videos of the game in action.

I will also be uploading the official soundtrack soon, featuring all the songs from the game (Created by me). For now, here's one of the songs I have included in the game.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:10:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:10:30