Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] My upcoming Game voice actors welcome

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 22:08 Edited at: 24th Oct 2009 23:52
Hello i am Making a game that's gonna be a thinking/shooter game.
The title is Escape

so far i have created 1 level and the plot is:

You have been captured by the Evil Company for F.R.A.P.S
(For Realistic Aspects Science) for 12 years and on the Wood disposal assingment you make a baseball bat for your escape.
But first you must get out of the Guard center and then towards the Lab and delete Fraps's master files or they will take over the world.

If you wan't to see the first level then it's here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_DpWVHhATs

but the quality really sucks.
oh and if anyone can recommend me some Game recorders then it would be aprecciated but don't say Fraps or any other Game recorder that costs.

Thanks
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 22:57
This will be locked, I don't think team requests are allowed.

-Adrian

I love Taylor Swift. She's awesome.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Team requests aren't allowed, mainly due to the fact that you never even see work produced by said "teams".

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Madness9k
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh okay i will edit it out
Madness9k
Years of Service
User Offline
umm i'm new here how do you edit the title?
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 01:33
You don't, we do, and seeing as this is now a WIP game you're talking about, you need a screenshot(s).

Dreamsenshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 16:48
Obviously, you're not done yet (that's what makes it a WIP, after all!), but had some CC:

Looking at the trailer in the link provided, the first thing I noticed is that the baddie doesn't react to glass being broken behind him. =^><^= I'm mainly working on learning DBP right now, so I'm not sure how one would fix that, but the scene seems pretty good otherwise. It feels like watching a game played on Super-Easy mode without him responding to something a person in RL would definitely notice. Even if he was deaf, the glass shards would probably hit him. Hmm... That makes me think it would be neat if enemies were damaged by glass shards when you broke glass near them. Kind of violent and complicated, though. Anyway, that's all I have for ideas on that.

I really like the colors of the lighting in the center of the rooms further into the video. Interesting how it bathes the character in red light in some places.

The corpse in the tunnel is excellent! I think the atmosphere would benefit from flickering lights or it being a little darker there so the corpse is a bit more startling, but perhaps you were already planning this and just hadn't gotten to it.

Otherwise, seemed pretty good! Couldn't listen to the sounds, though, because I was at a computer without speakers. May check it out again later.

Your error is my treasure. =^--^=
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 17:39
Screenshots are needed (videos are not a substitute). Judging from the video, your frame-rate is very poor; you may want to work on that also.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 17:40
W.I.P evidence

SCREEN SHOTS are required for all posts you make in this board. If you've got a demo of a game then great, post a screenie of it, and maybe even a download. Otherwise, you're not really at the stage where you can call it a Work In Progress.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:59:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:59:35