Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / New Version --24 HOURS IS BACK!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 10:23 Edited at: 25th Oct 2009 10:29
I have been secretly working on 24 Hours For a few months now-- the actual development has never stopped- but a new storyline-- new perspective and alot scarier

with dynamic lighting -- or bonds new shader--

i think for compatibility reasons i will stick to fullshaders with dynamic lighting

but here is a screenshot of one particular level that should make history with fpsc-- reason being-- EVERYTHING is custom
EVERYTHING

and i have been paying eagle eye close attention to detail, fps, lighting and horror perspective

this wont be just a shoot zombies and stay alive
it will involve much much more,

think of yourself as a freelance inspector

you read up on a few interesting events that have occured most recently within 2007 and 2009
the main event was a bazaar genetics fault in a laboratory that was contained secretly and quietly-- you have packed your bags and a few cases of batteries for your flashlight and tucked Dad's old compact .45 in your rugged jeans. booked the next flight with a private pilot from Washington DC to an uncharted town in Nevada near the reported "Quarantine" Outpost.

You checked your Bags and the batteries in your handy torch, and set out to board your plane.

Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 10:34
OH WHOOPS wrong forum page-- Mods please move to WIP ty

Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 12:49

Your signature has been erased by a mod - please reduce it to no larger than 600x120
Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 12:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgWzG7_UL74

Heres a Vid Of the Level-- NOTE Development Still In Progress

Your signature has been erased by a mod - please reduce it to no larger than 600x120
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 12:52
That looks very nice! Keep it up!

Can you survive from the horrors of the hidden land Occulo?
Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 13:27
hey thanks metal devil-- i know you always like my work-- im glad i could make ya happy lol

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 14:12
Eh, looks good, but the rooms could do wityh more entities and whatnot.

Quote: "bazaar"

Bizarre. Just a little tip

-SSG (back from reviving my PC)

Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 19:44
ok well -- like i said it still is a wip--
Quote: "NOTE Development Still In Progress"

and sorry mr spell check-- i didnt catch that one

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
that red light dont fit.... try a dark orange liught here is the hex lighting tutorial by COZ

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=113796&b=21

2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, looking purdy nice except,
Quote: "but here is a screenshot of one particular level that should make history with fpsc-- reason being-- EVERYTHING is custom
EVERYTHING"
, um, no, that light that your using over and over again is from model pack 3. And no, I don't think that you'll make history with fpsc by making a totally custom game, because that has been seen before. But to be the first to release a totally custom game, that'd be a pretty big deal. But for now your only making history by being the most humble forum member.( lol, jk) Good work on the level design. I'd like to see more.
Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 23:52
hhah yeah sorry i was a tad excited lol i want it to impact the community-- and as for the light-- lol i couldnt get a better one-- and my modeler is all hung up and on hold because of his awesome project he is currently underway with lol but ill try to find someone for new lights-- i was actually getting real bored of that one too lmao

Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 14:53
[img][/img]

a new screenshot and a video to be posted soon in an edit on this post

Dreamsenshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 20:49
As I often see in FPSC, it seems a little dark. But, perhaps that's what you want. I am curious what the "much much more" is. Any additional hints about the game-play that you're planning?

Your error is my treasure. =^--^=
Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2009 01:57
well-- just think of alot of startling moments where you hear stuff banging around and interactive investigative objects along with many times where an object will fly towards you and break open against a wall and as for the lighting-- it all adds to the fear.

there will be a few instances where a poltergeist will threaten you're wellbeing and possibly kill you if your'e not careful. and i am currently trying to figure out how to set that triggerzone to throw a dynamic object at a force to break it. if anyone knows how-- could you please inform. thanks

Dreamsenshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2009 02:07
Creepy! I like those ideas. Totally go for it!

Unfortunately, I don't know enough yet to give advice . . . just ideas. Someday, though!! I'm very determined about programming, probably more than any other things I've worked toward.

At any rate, this will be bound to expand your own programming knowledge. =^--^=

Your error is my treasure. =^--^=
Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2009 21:17
Quote: "At any rate, this will be bound to expand your own programming knowledge. =^--^="

very true at that:

I was tutored for a while by Hockeykid-- so i know a little bit of .FPI -- but not nearly wnough to create a cool physycs script or anything as elaborate as such

Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 21:48
[img][/img]

new level-- Yard Limit

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Loking good can't wait to play a demo.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu fpsc packer its free.
Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 00:16
thanks- its always motivating to hear good compliments from a Legend

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 02:28 Edited at: 11th Nov 2009 02:34
It does look good, as far as I know theres been a few games or at least levels with completely custom media released already, Eldora used one switch from stock, nothing else as I remember..
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quite honestly, the darkness is a bit over-excessive. Yes, it's supposed to be a dark game, obviously, but I myself like a vast array of lighting and coloration. Playing a full game with little lighting is boring.

You also need more entities and to get rid of the overbearingly loud fire sound.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 14:43
@ Crispex: the way the lighting is -- that is my style-- you dont have to play the game if you think its boring-- nobody is making you.

and for the fire-- i no longer use that- and if i do-- i have already remade the sound loops for it- as for the entities-- thats why its still a WIP and most of my screenshots show areas with more than enough detail.

@rolfy- i know - lol i heard about that game-- but i was very excited and lets just go with-- accomplished when i was re writing the post here at the start. i am aiming towards full custom media- but as you said-- i might just have to use one or two items from stock-- if i cannot get a hold of the equivalent in custom.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 21:55 Edited at: 11th Nov 2009 22:02
The thing about stock media is....it is actually very good quality......I see no reason not to use it. Having said that, the sense of achievement in seeing something you created in game is worth all the extra work.
I know not everyone is aware of what has or hasnt been done with FPSC but its all part of the fun in trying to do something that little bit different, creativity is an addiction albeit one worth having, and when you do something to be proud of then you should rightly give yourself kudos for doing so

Theres a lot of potentially good developers around here, all with their own skillset. In the short time I have been using this program I have seen a lot of changes, mostly with the users and media/mod creators who seem to always break new ground and do something out of the box, its inspiring
You see, its not a competition....its a game

I like the look of your game up to now and I am sure you will stick it out and finish it (a lot work), best thing about making your own media, even if its only a simple sign, is that it helps to tie it all together, just dont forget gameplay
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks amazing Armageddon! That last screenshot is especially good!
Keep it up, can't wait to see more of this exceptional work

Your signature has been erased by a mod as it is 1.7MB in size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 22:38
@ rolfy- same here man-- i dont see any kind of conflict people seem to lay down on stock media- it IS very nice looking and high qual, but however Kravenwolf did bring up a good point-- but that world war 2 game alympa is creating kind of destroys the point he made about stock media not making it to a big game-- but it is good stuff.

@ekipshi- your stuff completely stomps my project-- your work is pro in my opinion-- but thanks for the compliments man -- its always good to hear it coming from a more experienced member of this community

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2009 09:14
Looks nice! I love teh atmosphere.

Can you survive from the horrors of the hidden land Occulo?
Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 03:47
thanks metal-- sorry guys i havent been around-- i had to fix my hard drive -- it had an epic failure episode on me so i had to replace it and downgrade my laptop by choice to the beloved XP-- but i have backed up all my FPSC files this time-- so these levels will still be there!!

good to be back guys.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:30:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:30:33