Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / image loading error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 20:30
Hi,
Today was my first day that I use DB Proand it works very, but image loading doesn't really work .
If I want to compile a program in wich a image is in use, there comes an error that it can't load this image.

I've made two pictures of the errors:

I hope you can help me.
Davido01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 22:52 Edited at: 30th Oct 2009 23:09
You need to put the image in the TEMP folder in the DarkBASIC Pro main folder to make it work. Also once the program is finished put it in a folder and make a sub-folder called Media. Put the image fle in this folder, so you don't lose your image and will work the same as the TEMP way.

So for example you would place the image file in C:/DarkBASIC Pro/Temp OR C:/DarkBASIC Pro/Projects/YourProjectName/Media
Fredyssun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 23:33
ty for your help Davido01.
I think in Dark GDK it's much easier
Davido01
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm pretty new to this also(coming back after a year) and that was one of the first things I learnt as it is so annoying to begin with. Would have helped if they put in the error message, are the files in the temp folder, or the same folder as your project/source. Easy enough though once you work out what to do.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2009 18:19
You don't need to put them in the temp folder if you have set your project up correctly. Once you have saved your project it's location becomes the root directory for the application. You can put your images in the folder where your project is saved and it will work.

If you think you need to put the files into the temp folder to work, you probably haven't saved your project, or you are only using dba files which don't save the project path.

Davido01
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah usually I only save things out as a dba source file for my tutorial projects which is why I have to.
Fredyssun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 19:38
Ah, I used dba files .
Thank you that you told me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:16:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:16:11