Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / how to make a 3d for free

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi i have been looking for about 5 months now and had no joy so could you help me create a 3d bus driving game based in Hartlepool, England (because it's my town) for free and easy as i am only 12 so it cant be too complicated. i have tried playing bus driver for a long time and it's based in a fictional town in america and it's getting boring.

please help me

D.Callaghan
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 15:22
I'm afraid nobody will make you a game for free, and this idea is far more complex than you think. If you want to make games, start smaller, and maybe one day you'll make something more adventurous such as this idea.

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 19:19
Is this the game your playing?

http://www.busdrivergame.com/

A better bus driver game is Grand Theft Auto. You can drive a bus but with the added benefit of being able to run over people and crash into other vehicles.

Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 21:01 Edited at: 15th Nov 2009 14:49
@Grog - he's XX and you think he should be playing GTA and running over people.

I'm just saying...

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 21:28
Yeah, of course. Violent video games don't create psychopaths. Kids that do evil things and blame video games were unstable before they played video games. Before video games parents blamed rock music for their messed up kids. Video games are just the newest escape goat for parents that don't want to blame themselves for the way their kids turned out.

Games like GTA help kids to realize the cause and effect of the things they do. They learn in GTA that if they do bad things like shoot at people the cops will go after them and they won't stop till their caught or the player is dead.

It also helps curb anger by focusing it on pixels rather than real life people/things... that's how I get rid of my anger.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 17th Nov 2009 01:08
Quote: "It also helps curb anger by focusing it on pixels rather than real life people/things... that's how I get rid of my anger. "

Sorry, but I have to say this.
If you take out your anger in smashing\shooting people in a game, thats the way many criminals do it in real-life.
I think games like GTA are very very dangerous for young minds as they will get inspiration from these kind of games.
Not trying to start debating, but that needed to be said.

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2009 01:46
The difference is it doesn't actually hurt anybody if you take out anger via video games. The reason why games like GTA exist is because there is violence in the world already. There have always been people killing people in wars or just for fun. Violent video games are just a mirror of our very real, sick and twisted world.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 17th Nov 2009 03:22
yes, but why be evil in a video game? (i'm not implying you should in real life lol)That is just something I will never ever understand.

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2009 03:47
It's just escapism. We're able to do things in games we don't dare do in real life because of the real life consequences we'd face. When I finally got Fallout 3 recently the first town you go into has an active nuke in the middle of town. We're given a choice of disarming it or setting it off. To see what would happen I saved it before choosing so I could later see what would happen if I chose the unthinkable... it was a really cool mushroom cloud of destruction... then I reloaded and disarmed the nuke.

When a fly is buzzing around your head do you want to "kill it" or do you let it annoy you? Is killing a fly "evil" since it is alive?

To me slaughtering countless pixels in a game is less evil than hurting a fly in real life.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 17th Nov 2009 03:51
Quote: "because of the real life consequences we'd face."

I am hoping this isnt the reason why you dont shoot people in real life

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2009 04:14
Hahaha... I'm an ENTJ... of course it's the only reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENTJ

Here's a couple of quotes from that link:

Quote: "
E – Extraversion preferred to Introversion: ENTJs often feel motivated by their interaction with people. They tend to enjoy a wide circle of acquaintances, and they gain energy in social situations (whereas introverts expend energy).

N – iNtuition preferred to Sensing: ENTJs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.

T – Thinking preferred to Feeling: ENTJs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.

J – Judgment preferred to Perception: ENTJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability, which to perceptive types may seem limiting.
"

Quote: "ENTJs appear to take a tough approach to emotional or personal issues, and so can be viewed as aloof and cold-hearted."

If you don't know what your personality type is you can take any Myers-Briggs test.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 17th Nov 2009 04:51
Lol

Schaef
Years of Service
User Offline
I personally find that video games are a good way to experiment with action->consequence relationships that you will encounter in real life. For example, using the fallout 3 example, if you set off the nuke, you gain a house in the Tenberry Tower, but you've lost the opportunity to take quests, or obtain a house in Megaton. Though if you disarm the nuke, it will lead you to getting a house in town, though you lose the house in Tenberry Tower. Probably a bad example, but w/e. The best I can do at midnight.
demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 02:29
Quote: "For example, using the fallout 3 example, if you set off the nuke, you gain a house in the Tenberry Tower, but you've lost the opportunity to take quests, or obtain a house in Megaton. Though if you disarm the nuke, it will lead you to getting a house in town, though you lose the house in Tenberry Tower."

See this is educational - shows you that there are both good and bad sides to setting off nukes in crowded cities.

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2009 02:01
Well in Fallout 3 it sets your desired path... do you want to be good by disarming the nuke or evil activating it? I thought the funniest part of setting off the nuke was not killing all the people in town but the reason why Tenpenny wanted the nuke to go off.

Spoiler:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:23:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:23:52