Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sliding Collision Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, before posting this I have searched the forum but I'm almost certain that nobody has asked this question before, but if they have I apologize for another thread in the many for sliding collisions.I have followed the tutorial by 'TDK' on the forum about making collisions and sliding collisions. I have a map and have made a cube using DBPro and have written the code required for a sliding collision but there is a problem with the cube. When I load the map the cube is in the ground and cannot move, this only happens when the code for positioning the cube after a collision is detected is used(see code below).Also have a look at the attached image to see what is happening. Is there something I have done wrong with my code or something that I have overlooked? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Troy

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bodom
Years of Service
User Offline
I think your cube is positioned wrong, causing the collision to interfere with your cube. I could be wrong though. Try checking the tutorials again.
TroyChappy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
I think your cube is positioned wrong, causing the collision to interfere with your cube. I could be wrong though. Try checking the tutorials again.
"

Hey, thanks for the reply Bodom. I checked the tutorial again just quickly and I'm almost certain that my cube is positioned correctly. Could you be more specific with 'positioned wrong' please so I can have a better look.

Chappy
TroyChappy
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I just made a 'wall' out of a box by using 'make object box' in dark basic pro, and then I made a collision box for the wall. The sliding collision with the box and wall seems to work perfectly. Does anybody know why it works fine with the wall but not with the map that I made? Is it because the map is in .dbo format or because I set the map's collision mode to polygons and didn't use a collision box with the map or something like that? Please also refer to my new code below if you need to.

Thanks

Chappy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:20:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:20:18