Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Custom Enemy - Applying Ragdoll?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 00:52
I am making my own zombie for a game but I really need to have some questions answered since I can't find any good support for it.
Also I'm having questions about Weapons.

How can I make sure my zombie will ragdoll when it dies? Does I just have to assign the animation, firebone and stuff and then FPS creator will automatically activate ragdoll when it dies by using the animation bones or how does this work?

For weapons. I hear a lot are having issues with importing weapons from the old FPS creator but I am making my own weapons. Does the weapons have the same config files like the old ones from x9 or do I need to look out for something?
And how can I be sure that my model is actually X10 ready?

And yes I am able to UV Map and export to .x

But I really hope you guys can answer my questions or give me a quick tutorial on how to do it.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 02:38
When you create your character (entity) and put it into the map. Try making sure all the scripts that would be in a normal FPS default character (akio ect) are in the same spot of your character. I also do believe you would need the same animations in your character as well. Make sure your ragdoll patch is installed. I don't see why it would not work. Yes a lot of the weapons are having issues. I heard you needed to update your gun packs. If you are making your own weapons. Try looking at some of the default guns FPSC x10 gives you (mossenburg, minigun) I don't really see you having any trouble since the new update pretty much covers most of the faults. To be sure that your model is ready for x10 I would make sure all your files are in the correct space. If your 100% sure they are then try putting one in a map. If you crash something is wrong.

"Through knowledge I gain power, through power I gain enemy's"
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 15:26
For ragdoll, make sure that in your weapon properties, the force is up at like 2000.

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
Sacristic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2009 01:03
Thanks for the answers, they where very helpful!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 16:58:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 16:58:37