Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Platformer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 01:29
Hi, this is my first post to the forum. I've been using DarkGDK for a while, for little fun stuff.
This time I'm trying sprite stuff. Since it's quite simple and there are sprites of all kinds over the internet I managed some to work as a test.
But for a game, I'm thinking of level... or rooms like Mario/Zelda style and I can't get an idea of how to make it.
I read something about making layers, liked that idea. But don't know how to store them on other file, (usually I made all by code)...
Ideas?

Btw I'm spanish sorry for my bad English.
Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
Well the system i use is a number it reads the number out of a text file and then loads that tile number out of a giant tilesheet. It takes a bit of math though.

Here is one of my map files. Hope it may help.

Shrewd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 13:12
I think I would need a screenshot or legend to see what each thing means...

I suppose first line is the music, 2nd the name and then the map itself by layers but I get lost on the rest. The divisions are 15x20, thats the whole map and the charracter moves arround? Or is just a screen and player can't move from it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-05 23:48:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-05 23:48:25