Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Forgotten Truths

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 09:51 Edited at: 20th Nov 2009 17:33
Storyline
Well, technically I've never written a full storyline for the game... More like a guideline for myself, It's supposed to be what will come up on the first loading screen as what the player character thinks, and what he's planning to do. So here goes:

It's been years... The infected have completely overrun most of the world, leaving nothing but destruction on their path. Nobody really remembers where they came from, as far as we know they have always been here, threathening the human existance. I've come from a human colony of about 23 people tops, never cared to count them all since it had no use... Every now and then people joined the colony or left it, or worse... Got killed by the infected.

The elders say this is what us humans have deserved, and that god sent this punishment over us with reason, but I refuse to stand for that answer! I want to know what happened, why it happened and how we could stop it... This can not be the faith of our world! I refuse to acknowledge it! I WILL find a way to reverse what has been done to our planet, and I won't give up untill I get there, whether people are with me or not...

I'm Dorian Gray, and this is my story...

As you see there's lots of room for improvement there, but I think it'll do... for now, I might touch it up a little later on however.

Screenshots
Level 1:

Level 2:

Downloads
None available at the moment.

Credits
-Bond1's awesome Gore pack.
-The Game Creators for FPSC and Model Pack 36
-Creator of Model Pack 31(Unknown?)
-Erraint AI for Model Pack 9 and 10(Fixed this.)
-Nbt for his awesome sewer models
-Hockeykid for Fenix Mod
-TeMpLaR1 for his awesome HUD packs.

Required Media*
-Voice(s)
-Background Music
-Menu
-More Zombies

*=This is NOT a team request, nor a request for these specific objects/components. I'm just listing what I still need to somehow obtain.

EDP Map Editor[2D]
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 10:05
Holy... This looks amazing! Nothing to complain here, it's perfect!. But yeah, I hope the story evolves more and gets some twists, because at the moment, it seems kinda basic and even a bit cliché.

Quote: "-John Fletcher for Model Pack 9 and 10"

You'd better fix that, since Errant AI made the model packs, not Fletcher

I dance in tune with what I fear to do adrenaline.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 10:10
Quote: "Holy... This looks amazing! Nothing to complain here, it's perfect"

Hehe thanks. Been fiddling with the lightning for some time as it can be a bit hacky getting it just right for an 'abandoned' location.

Quote: "But yeah, I hope the story evolves more and gets some twists, because at the moment, it seems kinda basic and even a bit cliché."

Same here, but the story will change along with the progress of the game! I'm not quite sure how yet since the first level is just... just... wandering around in a city, well so far anyway. Still looking into a way to make it fit into the story some more by voicing perhaps, or as some games do it with tapes/radios that are available around the locations to figure out the backstory.

Quote: "You'd better fix that, since Errant AI made the model packs, not Fletcher "

I just edited it with not being sure, I'll change it. I sort of forgot who made it since I barely ever really touch FPS Creator.

EDP Map Editor[2D]
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 10:44
Quote: "I sort of forgot who made it since I barely ever really touch FPS Creator"

Whoa, so this is basically your first FPSC project? Now Im' REALLY amazed

I dance in tune with what I fear to do adrenaline.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 10:46 Edited at: 18th Nov 2009 11:49
Quote: "Whoa, so this is basically your first FPSC project? Now Im' REALLY amazed "

Nah, I've done plenty of things during my time here. Just never anything good or anything that got anywhere.

EDIT : I just noticed all those screenshots were taken on LOW QUALITY, the lightmap quality was 5, and everything else was set for low spec computers... I'll post up some new ones when I can.

EDP Map Editor[2D]
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 14:16
I like your style. I'm really looking forward to this. Nice to see your work at last.

Can you survive from the horrors of the hidden land Occulo?
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 10:57 Edited at: 19th Nov 2009 12:57
Just added three new screenshots of the start from Level 2, I know the second one is pretty bland, but I'm not done with the area behind that yet so it just kind of looks like a dark hole at the moment.

EDIT : Updated the second pic, I didn't like the lightning in it before. :S

EDP Map Editor[2D]
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 17:13
Looks great but what annoys me is most games leave the red stairs like they are,the top end is annoyingly cut off and looks pretty bad.Fix that and then it will be awesome.

A.K.A djmaster
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 17:39 Edited at: 19th Nov 2009 17:42
Quote: "Looks great but what annoys me is most games leave the red stairs like they are,the top end is annoyingly cut off and looks pretty bad.Fix that and then it will be awesome."

Well, the level isn't final yet, so I'm not sure whether the stairs will stay or not... They're a bit tricky to get on anyways, or they make you fall through the map at rare occasions. So I'm most likely going to take them out and replace them by some better ones. They look kind of off anyway with the red color in this map, while everything else is dark and grungy.

EDP Map Editor[2D]
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 17:54 Edited at: 19th Nov 2009 17:55
This is definitely looking great so far man; I'm loving your style of grunge and dilapidated environments, a very creepy tone in your map there

The only thing I can think of, for critique (albeit I realize you've stated it's quite WIP at this point), is your fire; you might want to throw in some small orange-tinted lights to glow from the fires, instead of the same light color as the rest of the map. Not only will this help the look of the fires, but also it helps in map design if there is differentiation in light color throughout. Just a thought, keep up the awesome work though!

And I'm curious if you're employing the use of a mod? Or if you're simply using vanilla FPSC?

Cheers

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 18:32 Edited at: 19th Nov 2009 22:48
Quote: "This is definitely looking great so far man; I'm loving your style of grunge and dilapidated environments, a very creepy tone in your map there "

Thank you, I've always enjoyed looking through ghost towns and trying to recreate such a thing is just... well, I just enjoy it. Abandoned facilities and locations have always intruiged me for some reason.

Quote: "The only thing I can think of, for critique (albeit I realize you've stated it's quite WIP at this point), is your fire; you might want to throw in some small orange-tinted lights to glow from the fires, instead of the same light color as the rest of the map. Not only will this help the look of the fires, but also it helps in map design if there is differentiation in light color throughout. Just a thought, keep up the awesome work though!"

I've also been thinking about this, some lights do have a more "orange" like look, but I still have to set all of them to that color, and I'm fiddling around to find the perfect color, because making it too orange will look awkward.

Quote: "And I'm curious if you're employing the use of a mod? Or if you're simply using vanilla FPSC?"

At this very moment it's pure Vanilla FPSC, I will however at a later date build this game with Fenix mod, once Hockeykid feels safe about releasing Bond1's scripts for his DarkAI features.(Note that the test game screenshots above are made with Fenix Mod, I just haven't been bothered to actually incorperate any of the features into my game yet and have just swapped the .exe back to Vanilla FPSC because well... Fenix never allowed me to build games for some silly reason, and it kept rebuilding the entire level instead of loading it from the dbo/dbu files when I never changed anything to do with the level geometry.

EDIT : New screenshot from level 2, I might just get somewhere with this level.

EDP Map Editor[2D]
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Fenix never allowed me to build games for some silly reason, and it kept rebuilding the entire level instead of loading it from the dbo/dbu files when I never changed anything to do with the level geometry.
"

Believe that one was Lee, but loading times should be super fast anyways.

Arctek
Years of Service
User Offline
Really scary looking! Just like something I'd see out of a nightmare! Keep it up!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 17:32
Quote: "Believe that one was Lee, but loading times should be super fast anyways."

I'm not entirely sure, but yes it loads amazingly fast... But since I'm currently not employing any of the Fenix Mod features I'm just testing everything with stock FPSC, just so nobody can tell me it only looks awesome because of a mod etc. etc. the usual drill.

Quote: "Really scary looking! Just like something I'd see out of a nightmare! Keep it up!"

Thanks! It would be more scary if enemies could be spawned with trigger zones, but for some reason they either show up invisible or just stand still when doing this. Oh well, some creepy voices and trigger zones with HUD images will have to do I guess... Still need to find some voice actors though since I can't seem to get the voices right myself.

Also, I've updated the first section of level 2, and added the final piece to level 2... Dante! I'm not sure whether I'm going to add more HP to Dante yet, he's a little easy... and at this very moment you can bug him by letting him walk into a pile of junk he can't run through, but I'm working on that... Anyway, screenshots:

As said earlier on in this post, I could use the help of some voice actor(s) on this project, I'm not very good at voicing things myself. So if anyone would be willing to help it would be much appreciated.

EDP Map Editor[2D]
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 08:32
Hey man, sorry I haven't posted in a while here! How is work on this coming along (hopefully it still is)? That last screenshot with the Dante looks great, very creepy and atmospheric; I can just imagine the panic upon seeing it in-game, in that location, the lighting on it looks perfect!

Wish I could help out with voice acting, afraid I'm not so good in that department either though

There were a number of Voice Acting Request threads however, I'm not entirely sure if any of them are still active, but I remember a wave of that at one point. Might want to check them out.

Anyways I hope to see more of this project soon man

Cheers

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
Amyrildora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 13:50
Looks good man!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2009 18:11 Edited at: 1st Dec 2009 18:13
Unfortunantly I've just had a PC wipe because my Windows started eating itself, so I'll have to look these maps up in my backups somewhere... And I've been a little busy with some of my other programs... Such as a Map Editor, Programming gets priority over FPSC to me. I'll get back to this when I finish my editor though.

EDP Map Editor[2D]
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 01:49
Quote: "Thanks! It would be more scary if enemies could be spawned with trigger zones, but for some reason they either show up invisible or just stand still when doing this. Oh well, some creepy voices and trigger zones with HUD images will have to do I guess... Still need to find some voice actors though since I can't seem to get the voices right myself."

I can help with both of those ;D.
If your character has a shader applied, you have to use appear2.fpi or else they'll show up invisible. D;
I can do free voice acting, been a little busy lately but I think I can still do it. ;D

-Adrian

And I do, wanna love you... And I do, wanna try...
Because if falling for you girl is crazy, then I'm going out of my mind.
So hold back your tears this time...
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 15:15
Quote: "If your character has a shader applied, you have to use appear2.fpi or else they'll show up invisible. D;"

Tried that, but it made them appear idle if I remember it correctly...

Anyways, I've completely lost this project in some way... I'll see if I can retrieve it by using some clever HDD backtracks but that's all I can try to get it back.

EDP Map Editor[2D]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 16:42:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 16:42:25