Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Big Time Confused!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have read TDKs tutorials and others, and I have read the help and such in the Basic program, but I am still unsure on how to make stuff. If anyone can clarify on what I could do to help me learn this stuff, then please post below, thanks.
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 18:01
Quote: "I have read TDKs tutorials and others"

Instead of just reading a tutorial, try following one and applying it step-by-step into DarkBasic so that you have a completed project by the end of the tutorial. This will help you retain useful commands and be a part of how and why they function instead of just reading about how they function.

If you wanted to learn to play guitar, would you just read 10 books about guitars, or would you pick a guitar up and start plucking the strings as well?

Hope this helps!

There's something in this room that makes you can't speak well.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 18th Nov 2009 18:53
In the help files each command usually comes with a small code snip that'll teach you about the specific command. Start by looking up the text commands in the help files.

Here's the example code in the help files with the TEXT command:

kordman916
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't double post it's annoying and not really needed just wait and people will respond.

Dell Optiplex GX280,3.4 GHZ Pentium 4 processor
1 Gig DDR2 ram,Geforce 8500 GT 512mb
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 17:50
Also, I would suggest running through and completing the dodge tutorial by Zaibatsu. I have seen a few things made by different people using it, and it seems they learned a lot. It covers lots of useful techniques and how to apply them like collision, health, display, moving, and etc and it is pretty easy and quick to read through.

There's something in this room that makes you can't speak well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:26:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:26:55