Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems Compiling Example (Math Showcase)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been going through the example code learning what I can, and to do this I have tried to compile the examples in SYNERGY, on this particular code line 5 has a problem. The problem arising in the set text font "arial" : set text size 20 commands.

Give a look over please and tell me if the example is coded wrong and if so where should I start to get a basic handle on the well...basics of coding =)

<B>You Run Out of Food With 200 Million People, You Run out of Thought with 200 Million people, you better hope somebody wants to be President. </b>
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 01:25
Nothing wrong with that line - or any line in that section of the program.

Compiles OK for me, but naturally won't run because there's a chunk missing - including the function called at the start.

Remove the function call, delete the faulty partial last line and your code snippet compiles fine.

Quote: "line 5 has a problem"

This has been said many, many times by many, many people (including in the stickies), but I'll say it again:

"We are not mind readers"!

Error messages are important, but if you don't tell us exactly what error message you got, we probably can't help you. DB gives specific error messages depending on the problem it encountered.

I'm pretty sure a box didn't pop up when you tried to run your program saying "Oh dear - I had a problem on line 5"...

TDK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:19:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:19:06