Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / what should i do for a pub quiz

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
gotta write a round for a pub quiz at my uni and it needs to be based on something fun, but i cant think of anything or find a website with ideas.

Anyone got any ideas?

keep the addiction healthy
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2003 18:33
Is this part of the quiz?

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Interested in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2003 19:21
Hmmm, a pub quiz for students.

How about you randomly FFWD through some popular movies and take down some lesser known quotes, you could have a 2 point system where they get 1 point for naming the movie, and another for naming who said it. You should always have at least 10 general knowledge questions, and at least 3 categories, so maybe general knowledge, movies, music, then maybe something off the wall at the end, like badly done impressions (they have to write down who they think it is).

I remember once, my team (The Unusual Suspects) was tied for the win, with a team of office workers, so it had to go to a tie-breaker. The tie-breaker they had planned was a game of twister!, between me and this really cute admin girl. I won of course, I'm bendy as hell!. No phone number though .

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2003 02:34
The only time I ever did a pub quiz was when me and a few mates just graduated from Uni. It was against about 10 assorted teams of bog cleaners and bin men. We thought we had a good chance. Anyways we came ninth. And only because the bog cleaners went home early. And we only just beat them. Sigh. Computer science degrees just don't kit you out with 50's movie knowledge and the like...

How about a round about comedy shows? Nice and fun, with tonnes of ideas, and the advantage of giving computer boys a chance (not bad on that subject).

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2003 05:00
Uni pub quizes suck proverbial cock. Me and a few mates won the union quiz once, and all we won was a free drink each and had to share a 1KG bar of chocy. All that from the wealthiest student union in the country.

I tell you what! You can shove your uni quiz up your uni backside!! And you can call me sussane, and spank my beard!

Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
mR n
Years of Service
User Offline
you are the wierdest kid i know... (well, actually i dont know you but if i did i would still think you were wierd)
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2003 07:59
famous pubs of the world?

http://www.lunarpixel.com
It's already tomorrow in Australia
healthyaddiction
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, im tempted by the famous pubs of the world, but ill prolly end up doing the movie quotes, i gotta remember that female of breeding age one from t3. lol.

I only have to do one round myself. Others are doing other round.

keep the addiction healthy
FieldDoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2003 14:43
How about one based on the cartoons and kids shows of our youth? You know like what was Dangermouse's side kick called or what was Yogi bear's blatently gay best friend called? Everyone loves a little nostalgia.

P.S. I think Dangermouse's sidekick was Penfold and the poof bear was Booboo but I'm not sure (isn't it amazingly what you can learn in five years at Uni?)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 10:25:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 10:25:23