Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Models texturing and Limbs Names ???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2003 19:28
Hi fellows

I have been trying to make a model of a space ship with 3DC and I am having the following problems when exporting it to DBP in a .X format:

1) I textured some parts of it with a BMP and the rest i just applied some colors. the part textured with the bmp comes out right but the part colored either comes out completely white or just partly textured. The question would be HOW DO YOU TEXTURE MODELS ???

2) I am trying to print the list of limbs on the screen, I get a list with the right number of limbs but the limbs names come out as ascii symboles or something unreadable.

Thanks
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2003 20:07
If you create a model and apply bmps as textures, then compile to x, it should appear correctly when opened in dbp. Colors applied to the model will only be visible in your 3dc program as they are not part of the compiled process. You have to fully texture your models with bmps and then make sure all of the used textures/bmp files are located in the same directory that you dbp exe runs out of.

hope this helps

-RUST-
HoverFrog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2003 21:15
Thanks Rust... Just more work i guess.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:37:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:37:57