Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / are the "dark" programs compatible with FPSC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, im a noob who is currently working on an fpsc project and i was just wondering: are the "dark" programs (darkbasic,darksound, darkvoices,darkmatter, ECT.)ALL compatible with fps creator? if not which ones?

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 15:07
Umm.... that depends on your definition of "compatible" in this sense.

DarkSound is probably just a lot of sound files, that should be fully possible to use with FPSC.
DarkVoices is a DBP plugin, so it is most likely not compatible with FPSC*.
DarkMatter is a set of models. They might be used by FPSC, but I believe you cannot use the characters etc. as they probably have different animation sets (lacks certain animations used by FPSC etc.).

Finally, DarkBasic is a programming language and was in fact used to write FPSC (both the editor and engine). You can download the FPSC source code and thus tweak it using DarkBASIC (Pro, not Classic). Thus, you can alter it to incooperate any of the Dark packages, but that will be hard work. (Yep, you'll have to learn how to program, and then get familiar with the tens of thousand of lines that makes up the FPSC source code, and still so it isn't going to be all that easy. It will definitively take time!).

So, the short answer is, for the most of them, no.
The truth is yes to all. But it will be a long way before you get to the point that your programming skills will allow you to do that. That is, assuming you have never programmed before, otherwise it's just a quick ordeal of learning the DBP syntax and commands.

Hope that was somewhat clear; the lunch is more or less burning on the stove, so parts of this message was stressed together.

xilith117
Years of Service
User Offline
thank u! i appreciate it! wile I'm on the subject of compatibility are terrain editors (mainly T.ED) compatible with fpsc? or plant life makers?skybox makers?
xilith117
Years of Service
User Offline
I hate to doublepost but come on, out of the 70+ people to view this thread someone needs to know if they work!
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 23:08
Quote: "come on, out of the 70+ people to view this thread someone needs to know if they work"

How so?

Quote: "are terrain editors (mainly T.ED) compatible with fpsc"

You are asking a question about FPSC on a DBPro board. How would we be expected to know the answer?

Why not ask on one of the FPSC boards?

TDK

thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 13:53
not to mention this question could be solved yourself. do the editors export x or dbo? if so, then just use a segment editor such as magicfps to get it in fpsc. if not, then simply find a convertor!

everything is compatable if you try hard enough.

forever loading...
xilith117
Years of Service
User Offline
jeez, im sorry. I didn't even mean to put this thread here. next time I will be more careful with what i post.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:17:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:17:27