Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / collision system

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, i have a house made in 3d world studio, but i have not collision system, y can cross the house. my game is a fps and the player is just a gun. that would be the problem?
Muriako
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I'm new as well and I haven't gotten around to properly learning collision yet, so I can't help you directly anyway, but I don't think anybody is going to code all of your collision for you either.

However, if you just look in the "Tutorials Thread" stickied at the top of this section there are multiple things about collision in there, and a simple search of the forum would likely give hundreds of results on the subject.

It's a complex, but well documented subject, so if you do some research you should be able to manage. From what I have seen in my random browsing through the forum, Sparky's DLL is a very good, if not the best way to go with collision, so starting there would probably be a good bet.
Dream And Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 16:20
The problem would be that you haven't programmed a collision system?

"You get what everyone gets, you get a lifetime!" - Death, The Sandman Library

First you Dream, then you ... - Neil Gaiman, 2001
lash94
Years of Service
User Offline
i dont know how. there is some tutorial?
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 19:34
Newcomers should check out the tutorials sticky at the top of the DB Classic board too! There are tutorials which cover the most basic of commands written specifically for newcomers to programming with Dark Basic.

Just because they were written for DBC not DBP does not mean they are not of use to DBP users. (The commands used at beginners level are identical for both versions of DB).

There is also a series of Programming For Beginners tutorials which assume you have never written a computer program before...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10

TDK

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 12:22
I found a pretty simple way to add collision to my game. I dont know how usefull it is for other games.

I made boxes at the walls, then made them transperant and added collision.
Then I added a box with collision for the player which "followed" the player.

The it is as simple as:

That is one way to solve it. I bet there are hundreds of ther ways which suits you better

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:16:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:16:51