Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / dbSetMusicVolume & dbLoadSound?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using the demo versions of both PureGDK and PureBasic. Going very well about 500 lines of code into App and have been very impressed, lowlight the PB editor, but it looks like the retail version plus some other addons will correct that. I don't see much stopping from an outright buy soon.

I have two commands that don't seem to be working and are making me use PB's Sound and Movie commands instead.

When I set background music dbPlayMusic I can only get 100% volume. Whenever I touch dbSetMusicVolume I hear nothing afterward, not matter what I set it at. This forced me over to PB movie commands.

dbLoadSound I'm trying to load some small game sounds using this method, files are wav's. But I either get nothing I can hear or it doesn't want to load the sound. Is there a specific encoding method for wav's using dbLoadSound?

So LoadSound and LoadMovie are used instead. However for Background music I would like to use the DB commands as there are a few more options over PB's Movie commands. I rather use dbPlaySound over PlaySound simply to stay in the db family for everything graphical and audio.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you confirm that everything works as expected in DBP?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:37:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:37:15