Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Preview - Solitude WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 14:52 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2009 23:12
Solitude WIP

Hey. Its been a while since i have posted on these froums. I decided to post some pics of my new project. Its called Solitude. Im not posting the storyline yet as it is subject to change. I will post some screnies however. I have a few more to add but i am just re-writing the code as i lost it and need to re-integrate the the inventory. Here is a quick list of the features in this game. The list is going to increase when new ideas come to me, if anyone has new ideas just post them.

- Not Started
- In Progress
- Finished

() Inventory
() Health Huds
() Ammo Huds
() Motion Blur
() Bloom
() Nano Suit
() Sprint Energy
() GM Counter
() New Radiation Zones
() Energy Suit Levels
() New Health Pack System

Screenshots:

Click To Enlarge

[center]
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 16:38
NIIICEEE! I really like your work!

Can you survive from the horrors of the hidden land Occulo?
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 22:29 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2009 20:53
Thanks Metal Devil. This is a screen from the multilayer map i am making. All the features of single player apart from radiation zones) are in the multiplayer and are functioning properly.

Screeny Now On First Post

Insane Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2009 11:09 Edited at: 1st Dec 2009 11:10
Looks awesome!

HUD looks a little? Massive.. Id try making the health and ammo and blue square thing HUD a little smaller, other than that it looks fantastic.

I like a game that somebody has taken pride in, and not just, thrown together..

AMD Phenom Quad core 9950BE @ 3.6ghz, 8GB OcZ Ram OC@1600MHZ, 1GB ASUS HD4890 FSB OC.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been working on putting these huds together for some time... The blue hud fills up with the health packs you have found and it is about the same size as the health and ammo. They dont go above 90.

Arctek
Years of Service
User Offline
Damn! This looks amazing! Kinda reminds me of Deus Ex!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 06:52
Very nice! I like the hud! But maby the health pack thing could be a picture of a heath pack with a nuber next to it, showing how many health packs you have.

Can you survive from the horrors of the hidden land Occulo?
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats not a bad idea. I think i may redo that part of it. It shouldn't take me more than 15 - 30 mins anyway. Thanks. Any more ideas for improvement?

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 10:42
This includes a lot of features I've never seen in an actual FPSC game, but only in screenshots so far.

I am very curious about how it all works ingame - will there be a demo for christmas?

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 17:51 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2009 08:29
I think i may remove the suits. There are too many problems with them, and it would mean that the game play would be slightly quicker.

@The Storyteller 01 Hopefully there will be. I have made a multiplayer map but that wont be released until next year when i get all the bugs fixed with the dynamic material in Multiplayer. I am starting on the very first level though. I am looking through the games currently on the forums to find out the best ways to create tutorials. I think i am going to have to steal canalysts idea of having the arrow appear showing the direction to go in the tutorial.

UPDATE

A screeny of the fully working inventory is now up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:40:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:40:04