Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Would Blender Work With DBPro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i was just wondering, if blender is a 3D animation maker, would it work for Terrain and People i make?

Now I'm sure you've heard it all before, but i just love the fact that videogame making is so fun! (I have worked with many other Mmorpg makers and some 3D videogame makers)

but usually it's like, you save the file and put it in a specified folder and then put it in (this is the first time I've used a non Drag-n-Drop videogame maker)

Like do i have to name it something, set it as a file and then script it in? i really have no clue...

Once again please excuse the question if it bothers you, it's just i couldn't find a forum on it...

~~~ Insert witty signature here~~~
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2009 10:30
You can use any 3D program like blender and so many others that can export .X files.You can use all objects you make in blender.As you mention, darkbasic is not an Drag-n-Drop program ,that means that you have to load every object in your game.

If you are just starting darkbasic, you had better get some tutorials .

start here.

TDK's Programming Tutorials For Beginners [DBC/P]

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10

learning every day
Sherikanman
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for answering! i just really had no idea how this works...(i only know how to put in a sprite into a 2D realm)

and yes I'll look at the tutorials..thanks again!

~~~ Insert witty signature here~~~
cguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2009 07:26 Edited at: 24th Dec 2009 07:28
@Sherikanman - Blender isn't just a "3D animation maker." You say that you love videogame making. Did you know that Blender has a built-in Game Engine? I hear that simple games can be made with sensors, etc. To make more complicated games, you may have to learn the Python programming language (I havn't learned it yet so don't ask), but I say it's worth it. I hate trying to export models into programs too, so I was so happy when I found this out. Just google "Blender Game Engine"
Hope you come back to your post to see this, otherwise its a waste of time! Happy Blending!

Do we all have to put stupid jokes here?
nasheba99
Years of Service
User Offline
Blender is very hard to use, not so
friendly user and i think it will
consume your time learning and making
just one simple model. There are many 3d
modelling programmes out there easy to
understand and use. Why not try google it.
If your going to go blender way then
that's fine, but will take lots of effort
and time.
Good luck!!!
acurrate eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2009 21:35 Edited at: 31st Dec 2009 21:37
I use blender it is a 3d maker its not that hard once you get used to using it and its shortcuts if you want to export and animation what you do is

a): Animate your object if you dont know how you do that there are some nice ways to do it on youtube

b): Then you go to file\export\.x direct x file
and press that button and then if it doesnt work go onto google and look up blender .x exporters free and then you link it it the scripts window and press run script then you can press export anytime after that

also in blender you can make your own games and videos in it some say its not easy to use well it is if you look at tutorials in the right places like youtube. but hey everybody has their own oppinions

yes you can make people and guns and trees .etc in it

Good Luck with you games

if you can't do it try try again and if you still cant do it ask for help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:23:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:23:34