Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Chess game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 13:20
Hello guys!

I will be working on a chess game soon, but i don't want to to be simple, i want to to include alot of extra things that can't be found in any chess game!

my plans are:
*playable on lan
*playable vs the computer
*playable on the net
*difficulty levels for playing vs computer
*3D ofc
*the ability to move the camera freely
*chat
*high scores ( fastest wins agains a player / computer )

i might add bowling and billiard to it too xD

So im looking for ideas, i dont want it to be, simple, or classic, any idea would be very welcome!

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 13:36 Edited at: 6th Dec 2009 13:39
a simple bonus trick has come to my mind:
how about implenting a "Secret Bonus" that will be randomly selected when the Match begins.

the Secret Bonus will be implented on one random Tile
and when you "eat" your enemy on that exact Tile , you will get a bonus.
now what im thinking of is somekind of a "Soldier" changer.
so for example you have the simple Pawn and that Pawn "Ate" an Enemy Soldier (of anykind ) you will see a little Suprize
and a message of " Please Choose your Soldier" then you can change that Pawn into a Queen or a Turret , or a Horse or whatever you want

i think its a simple idea and can be implented with Ease.
also , you can do a Crazy Bonus which work the same way as the Secret Bonus only that this one will randomly change your Soldier into what ever the computer randomly selected.
so if you have a Queen and you Ate and got the Bonus , suddenly you see an Evil smiley lauging at you as the Queen changed into a simple Pawn but if you have a Pawn and got the Crazy Bonus you see an Awesome Smiley or something that changed it into something better .

and thats also simple to implent the smiley idea
Queen is 6
Runner is 5
Turret is 4
Horse is 3
Pawn is 1

so if Queen or Selected Soldier is BIGGER ( > ) then Randomly selected Crazy Bonus you get an Evil Smiley as it was better then the new Soldier ,
but if Selected Soldier is SMALLER ( < ) then Randomly Selected Crazy Bonus , then you get the Awesome Smiley as that now you have a better Soldier then before

simple ha?

once this is done , you put like 3 to 5 , and maybe an option before the match begins
" How Many Secret / Crazy Bonuses on Plane ??3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 10 etc"

if you liked it , Glad i can Help

Edit : Sorry for the Horrible English it is my second Languge.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 14:00
Awesome ideas! ill use them for sure >

Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 00:49 Edited at: 7th Dec 2009 00:51
didnt read haliops read but maby
when u kill an enemy you gain points and using points u can spawn more chess peices

and maby make their a random event where peices that can usually go the whole distance of the map in one turn (eg castle) only move 1 space or something.

tvzen
Years of Service
User Offline
how about,adding a 4 way game

you know

2 vs. 2 chess or 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1

or maybe 3 vs. 1

all of my ideas....
thanks for helping me all those times

got it all up and working

have fun
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 13:00
i will add the points thing, looks interesting, but i might add some limitations as the game wont end that way

and the 2v2 idea looks sweet, even tho it needs some effort and time, but i will try to add it as it's gonna be interesting >

thanks for the ideas!

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 17:44
well if you are going on a 2 v 2 idea
think about not only PvP (Lan / Internet or maybe by Mail)
but think also on Player VS Cpu VS Cpu VS Cpu
now i know coding a chess game with a Cpu Ai is kind of damn hard
as it takes a lot of Moves to Calculate and eventually progressing into Evolutionary Ai , which will simulate alot of moves , then "Give Birth" to new Moves after simulation is done and then do it once more , this way the Cpu eventually will be Strong enough to play against any Human Player who is up for the challange.

while still a Lan Party Chess Match is truley an awesome idea when you can "Ally" with your friend against 2 other friends or ally with 2 Friends kicking one out and then do a Royal Rumble Match Free for All

back to the Cpu Evo Ai idea , this is hard stuff to do , really hard also it needs alot and alot of testing and simulations so the Cpu will "Know" what to do when the game is released or goes Beta
well , a Public Beta can be usefull for such a thing , as a lot of players will play against a stupid Ai which will become stronger in time , then all Public Beta players sends you their "Ai Learning Files" , you put them all in one Folder("Ai\Learning") and inside Devides it to alot of folders ("Ai\Learning\(BetaPlayerName)")
after you have this done , just let the Application lauch a simulation on all of the Beta Players Ai's Progress , and you will have one Nasty Ai against you.
now , dont forget , the Ai can also Ally or Dislike Human or Pc players when doing a 2 v 2 match..

ok ok ok , i know its way up a head , just had some thoughts about it ,if you dont understand what i wrote , then check this out :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_algorithm

hope this helps.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 18:57
Oh well, without multiple computers against me, the computer is gonna be stupid as hell, 3 computers vs me at once? it's like playing with a drunk guy xD

i might add this when i finish all the features im planning for at the moment

[heh, i've done the basics / designs =D]

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 20:27
show us!!!!
the designs
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 13:10 Edited at: 8th Dec 2009 13:10
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 14:10
had this thought, make some of the squares on the board no go areas for a time, or they become hollow and your piece falls thru.

so what would look like a straight forward take of an opponent's piece, could back fire as a lost for the attacking player.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 14:49
You guys are butchering the great game that is chess lol, just kidding, I like the models.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 16:10
oh well, i was going to make the game playable in both modes, classic and extreme >

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 16:25
Ok, almost finished the single player playing mode, all i need now is the computer AI.

anyone can help me on this? a link to a site or something?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-05 22:59:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-05 22:59:30