Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] New! Egyptian Temple Mutiplayer Arena Prototype Revealed, First in game Screenshots

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 20:11
I making a FPSC Unreal Tournament like game, I'm taking my time to make sure everything is done right here's some screens of a 7 Story level I'm Finished Building, It's just a pain trying to get the Ceiling to look right, I think I need a Egyptian Drop Cieling Entity or something. I had the perfect textures but they only show up white after the Build. That is what happened to my Solid Gold Walls. It took me less than 12 hours to build and It's got tons of Secret Areas/Hiding Places.

It's even Got Mutiplayer Traps XP

This is my 6th day using FPSC, Plz send me any feedback, Especially if you have found a way to get Lighting in Mutiplayer games, I don't have no Credit Cards Valid for Lytes, or any payfor Mods. Have a Good Week, finally snowed here in Michigan first time this Winter.
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 20:29
NOTE: These Screen Shots are without EFX Mods/Shadows or Bloom.

The Game runs completely at 100% lag free! And I'm using a Very Low End HP Laptop it's a few years old. DV6500.

I've went back on my other levels and Made them all Lag Free as well and HIGH TEXTURES.

My 1 player game project is turning out nicely, the Subway Crash level is sick, anyone share me a link for some Flashing Light Entities would be most appreciated.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 20:40
How to get lighting in myltiplayers? Like you do normally. Looks very good! 6th day? Dang you're gonna be awesome. You never want to see my levels I made in teh 6th day.

But in the last screen, the blood splats are way off the wall. And read teh FPSC Manual by Nickydude. It has lots of stuff.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1904357
More info at the product Chat! FPNS comp
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 20:41
(This Level is Hugh) I didn't want to show you everything and spoil it XD I'll be releasing this Level and 3 others by the end of this Week. Later.
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 20:54 Edited at: 7th Dec 2009 21:23
naw lol they are on the wall, they just aren't the right image, they have no 3dness to them. Did you see my Mech XD Check my other threads. I did that on like my 3rd day, I already got a demo built, waiting on the AI, I need help at Switching and ENEMY AI Scripts. I got these traps to work with no problem, 4 Arrow Traps, The Spike Floor Fall, and the Cylinder Spike Trap. And I've learn how to use a Event Trigger and Sound Trigger, I selftaught myself, I'm 25 years old and have a passion for Level Design. So all my Levels will be some of the best around. This Level was made by a Fluke, Custom Mod that downloaded, it just came with some app I downloaded XD what luck. huh. It's called Dark Egypt and it has a few usable objects some that I used here. Also used some Entities from Cosmic Prophets Pirates Mod. And some Tomb Pack as well.
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 20:56
No Lighting, only thing I see is the Gun lights up and Etities around it, do I got to hack my Lightmap Values or something? Metal Devil123?
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 21:02
I'm using the 1.16 version : All I can say is WTH man? The Undo Feature is almost completely Useless, No Explosives in Mutiplayer and so on and so on. The Lighting is not a issue if it's something easy to fix in the Build INI file. I'll set my Ambiance to like 60,60,60 and 23
or 255,255,255 and 10 for a Dark Level. That should work, I've already tested HI FI lighting maps in SP but I deleted them because they wasn't showing up in Mutiplayer. It must be the Custom Textures won't reflect the light? or something.
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 21:29
I do think Dark Basic used NLP lol (Neuro Linguistics Programming)on me. This Level is definitely right up the same alley, look at there Logo. How did I go from Sci-FI to Modern Urbania to Ancient Egypt? lol Well my game will have Time Travel I guess.
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 23:25
First, stop posting so much

Second, I'm not sure why your ambience isn't working. Mine works perfectly.
Quote: "It must be the Custom Textures won't reflect the light? or something. "

Textures don't 'reflect' light, it's the shaders that do, but I don't believe those walls have shaders.

Third, this is quite an interesting game. Egyptian multiplayer; never thought about it

Cheers

PWP

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 01:33
Please don't post one after another after another after another....

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 02:23 Edited at: 8th Dec 2009 02:23
Quote: "So all my Levels will be some of the best around"

Well you'll have a whole lot of catching up to do before you can even come close to the likes of Kravenwolf, Wolf, and several others It looks good for a start but now for some CC.
First off it looks like you have no lighting? This might be on purpose but just saying everything looks 2 dimensional without lighting.
Secondly the models from TGC's Dark Egypt pack stand out a whole lot. What I mean by this is that if you look at them you'll see that they're much lighter than everything around them. This is making them stand out, look akward and out of place, and look like they aren't permanent, old structures (hopefully thats what you would be trying to acheive with an Egyptian game)
I don't have much time to post more but keep trying!

dark peanut

current projects: a game about a guy
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 03:15
umm ok Nickydude, I know exactly what your saying I just thought since this was a New Level I would make a new post...also the GMS keep deleting my posts I don't know man - They must hate noobs to their forum or something lol. I know what you guys are saying about the lighting - for some reason The Build INI must be missing Valuable Lightmap Data can you plz copy and paste your INI file here, thanks
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 03:21
Since you said stop Posting so much, I'm gonna say one more thing before I go, If there such a Shader Pack that Mimics Bloom? but runs for more lowerend laptops. my problem is a I have Nvidia Geforce Go 6150 or something. Bloom is not supported. I tried EFX plugin Mod and all it got me was 2 FPS- 3 tops. I'll post the whole Subway level I'm working on. Including the retarded AI...hahaha give me a sec to upload it. Please tell me how I did, I used Lighting in it.
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 03:30
crap I got to rebuild them lol I forgot to add the WIN ZONE to the first part.
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 03:37
NICKY DUDE! I need a big favor man, I was unaware that there is a fix to Dark Egypts Model Pack, There was a V2 Version I can't find Rosstradamus website. Can you share what knownledge you know about this MUST HAVE pack? All I know is that it was a 1st place prize in a Contest Entry Contest. V2 fixes the flaws in V1 the Ceilings are fixed, Stairs etc.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 09:24
Illuminati is Real

First of all, can I ask you how you obtained this first version of the Dark Egypt Pack?
I ask because the only version of this Pack on sale should be Dark Egypt V-2 and is only available for purchase from The Game Creators Website.
If you purchased this Pack from the Game Creators you will find the Dark Egypt V-2 available for download in your 'Order History' which can be found on your 'profile' page. A Dark Egypt 'Bonus Pack' should also be available for download for all who have purchased the main Pack.

You are correct, Dark Egypt V-2 is a reworked version of the entire Pack which fix's any issues which came to light in the first version of the Pack.
You are correct, Dark Egypt V-2 was available as a prize in 'last' Year's Christmas competition.

Ross
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 14:54
Quote: "before you come close to the oned like Kravenwolf, Wolf"

Two extremely talented Wolfs.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 18:04
Quote: "umm ok Nickydude, I know exactly what your saying"

And yet you still post 4 times in a row. If you've forgotten something after you've posted, please go back and edit that post.

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 22:57
Quote: "Illuminati is Real

First of all, can I ask you how you obtained this first version of the Dark Egypt Pack?
I ask because the only version of this Pack on sale should be Dark Egypt V-2 and is only available for purchase from The Game Creators Website.
If you purchased this Pack from the Game Creators you will find the Dark Egypt V-2 available for download in your 'Order History' which can be found on your 'profile' page. A Dark Egypt 'Bonus Pack' should also be available for download for all who have purchased the main Pack.

You are correct, Dark Egypt V-2 is a reworked version of the entire Pack which fix's any issues which came to light in the first version of the Pack.
You are correct, Dark Egypt V-2 was available as a prize in 'last' Year's Christmas competition."

Nicky, you might want to check the order history, just to make sure everything is on the up and up.

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 20:38
Illuminati is Real

I would have contacted you privately but you have not supplied an e-mail address with your forum profile, so.

Ok, I gather your sudden lapse into silence is what I am going to take as an admission of guilt (at this moment)of your use of a 'Pirated' copy of my Dark Egypt Pack.
I'm not happy at all about this situation so I might be taking some steps to have you 'banned' from this Forum for using pirated software.

NOTE - I have read your previous posts and can see that you enjoy using FPSC and all the media (free or otherwise) that is available here on this Forum and I think it is a shame that this situation has arisen.
Myself and many other members here in this Forum do not take kindly to piracy which at the end of the day discourages people like myself in the continuation of media creation (free or otherwise).

If you could please reply to this post within the next 12 hours with a good reason why I should not continue with a possible ban then I would be greatful.

Ross
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 20:45
If I had a couple extra bucks I would buy it for him, he loves FPSC so much.
Ross, please email me before you take any further steps, I want to talk to you about something

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 12:02
Illuminati is Real

I am sorry to have to inform you that I have proceeded with some form of action in this matter.
Again, i'm sorry that it has come to this but Piracy is not welcome hear in this FPSC community.

I gather that this thread can be 'locked' now.

Regards

Ross
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 16:51
Dang! Well, there goes Illuminati Is Real. Flush. Didn't ment
to be sarcastic. I was kinda suspecting, that he was pirating,
becouse he said, that he got free model packs.

So how's your best graphics and the greatest level design going?

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 13:15 Edited at: 11th Dec 2009 13:16
Mm... just because he isn't responding, you can't jump the gun and ban him just because of your suspicions - you've waited how long, 48 hours? If you seriously believe that he might be pirating - and I can see why you would - then get in contact with someone who can actually check his order history, just so you're certain that he actually did pirate the software.

Having said that, I've never heard of anyone getting banned for piracy before. Sure, everyone here hates it and disrespects anyone who pirates, but is it a 'bannable' offence?

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 13:35 Edited at: 11th Dec 2009 13:38
Quote: "I've never heard of anyone getting banned for piracy before."

We have banned NUMEROUS members for pirating (some were even blatant enough to admit it openly here).

Quote: "Sure, everyone here hates it and disrespects anyone who pirates, but is it a 'bannable' offence?"

3.14 (of the AUP): ...We fully support all forms of anti-criminal activity and crime-fighting organisations, including anti-piracy bodies. Should you use pirated software do not talk about or mention this on our forum in any manner at all, or even imply it, because we will fully support any organisation that challenges a copyright infringement, including passing to them any information we have.

We've had numerous examples of people getting caught pirating media/programs here, only to run off and never return (or open a "dupe" account)...to keep from "facing the music".

Ross has no actual powers to ban anyone; so I can only assume that he will lay out a detailed case to either actual TGC staff, or a Moderator here. Media like that shown takes time to put together and make FPSC-ready (often a chore in itself); stealing it is a slap in the face to the artist and those in the community that support the artist financially.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 17:18 Edited at: 11th Dec 2009 17:18
Quote: "get in contact with someone who can actually check his order history, just so you're certain that he actually did pirate the software."

And that's exactly what we'll do, remember we can easily ask for a check whether you have a model pack or not through your order history, just so you know.

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the replies Nickydude/Keith, good to see that mods have the power to check the order history.

Anyway, it's a shame that your pack has been pirated Ross, it's just disgusting. Who the hell would buy it, then upload it to a site... jeez.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol!

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 14:09
To All

Just a quick one to say that I did approach TGC staff and they ran a complete check on this individual and found absolutely no purchases in his 'Order History' and deemed it a 'fair' case for a Piracy Ban.
I can say that TGC have e-mailed the individual and are giving him time to have his say on the matter but this is now out of my hands.

As I have mentioned already, I have taken no pleasure in following through with the said actions which have led to this individual being banned (for now). It was very clear that he enjoyed using FPSC and indeed the Dark Egypt Pack which is more the shame that he was not willing to purchase the software and use it freely alongside all the other media (free or otherwise) which can be found here in this Forum and sites dedicated to FPSC media.

Regards

Ross
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 15:12 Edited at: 12th Dec 2009 15:13
You did what you had to do to protect your work, Ross. No one should fault you for that. Everyone in this community should be on the lookout for people who steal others work. It takes a lot of time (of which is often free time away from real jobs and family) to put together something like Ross's Pack.

What's more; all these packs are EXTREMELY inexpensive. Some people have become accustomed to that, and don't realize the value for their money that they are getting.

Maybe you should pop in a plug for your pack here (with a link), Ross. In case someone comes across this thread and wants to get this pack the honest way.

EDIT: I'd also like to say that those level shots could have benefited from some lightmapping...

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 17:54 Edited at: 12th Dec 2009 17:58
Thanks for the support keith (and all) and as for a plug on the pack, I would rather not because I have been told by TGC staff that this thread may be taken away soon.
I'd just like to move on now and put this situation to bed,as they say.

EDIT- I must say that the fellow used the Pack well and did do a great job as you can see in the screenshots.

All the best of luck to all

Cheers

Ross

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:09:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:09:31