Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Bitmap/Camera Problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 16:33
I was just wondering if the dbSetCurrentCamera and dbSetCurrentBitmap commands interfered with eachother?
I am having problems using camera 1 and bitmap 1 at the same time, and I know bitmap 0 is camera 0, so I was wondering if this was the case for all bitmaps and cameras.

In my program I have camera 1 set to get a depth image of the current scene and bitmap one as an rgb map for my terrain, when I run both together the game pauses on a black screen at startup.

Thankyou for any and all suggestions!
Jamie.
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 18:21
Bitmap 0 is the one you can see.

Bitmaps 1 onwards are for 2d image manipulation, and drawing; but to see the stuff on them you have to copy it to bitmap 0.

Cameras work in 3D and output to bitmap 0 (The one you can see)

(At least, thats the way I understand it, I have been known to be wrong :$ lol)

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
Serial Velocity
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sure it said in the newsletter once that Camera 1 outputs to Bitmap -1 and Camera 2 outputs to Bitmap -2 etc.

Aldur
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 05:31
It seems you were right Serial Velocity

Thanks for that!
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 09:02
i'll have to have a good read through the newsletters

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-05 23:01:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-05 23:01:52