Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2D games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I want to create a 2D game, similar to evony but not using Flash. what is the best program to use?

Thanks
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
DB Classic, or DB Pro.

Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 13:14
Quote: "I want to create a 2D game, similar to evony but not using Flash. what is the best program to use?"

What do you want it to run on ? If you aiming at Windows only, then there's a long line of programming products that would fit the bill. But they're programming languages.

Peperoni
Years of Service
User Offline
windows, and i am looking for something for someone that has little game development knowledge
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 01:38
Ever notice when people ask what's the best language to use the answer depends on what site their asking the question at? Like if this question was asked on a Visual Basic site I'm betting the answer would be Visual Basic. But Pincho Paxton is right... Darkbasic Classic or Pro would be best. Don't expect anybody to do the game for you... you have a lot of learning to do before you can make your dream game.

Love the name by the way... I enjoy eating your namesake as much as possible.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 15:07
Actually Playbasic has a lot more features when it comes to programing 2D games then DBC-P, which is more geared towards 3d. I'd look at all of your options, try them out for yourself. They all have free downloadable versions, so it should be easy to get into.

Good luck in whatever you do.

Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
They're all so cheap in price range, I just got myself one of each. Rather than hearing about it from others I prefer to test it out myself.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:59:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:59:08