Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [WIP] Quantum Horizon Game Engine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 07:57
marlou
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "rewritting the entire engine with ruby? Curious as to why?"

Ruby is just a scripting language for the C++ engine.

The engine is still in C++. Though i can make an entire engine in Ruby. Ruby is just a scripting language for the C++ engine. The same goes with Lua.

Ruby is a very easy to use OOP language that handles inheritance. THe downside of Ruby compared to C++ is its lack of support for polymorphic functions.

Ruby is a good scripting engine bcoz when it runs script files it ignores lines that have syntax errors and proceeds execution while in Lua the entire script wont run due to a single syntax error. Thats why Ruby is a safer scripting language. Lua is a faster scripting engine.

When a person has nothing but a dream, can he dare to dream.
TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 08:35
Quote: "Ruby is a good scripting engine bcoz when it runs script files it ignores lines that have syntax errors and proceeds execution"
Sorry, but I don't think ignoring errored scripts is a good policy. You can also configure LUA to handle errors in a similar fashion - its all in the implementation.

marlou
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sorry, but I don't think ignoring errored scripts is a good policy. You can also configure LUA to handle errors in a similar fashion - its all in the implementation."

Its just that it's a bit irritating when your script has a thousand lines and not even one executes. Its just me. Id rather choose to have one erring line not execute than having the entire script not running.

Sorry for late reply. I went to vacation to a place where no computers exists. LOL XD

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2009 21:53 Edited at: 30th Dec 2009 22:02
Quote: "Sorry for late reply. I went to vacation to a place where no computers exists. LOL XD"
That's what I need to do.

Cool Robot. The Ruby script above looks just like gdk...

marlou
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Cool Robot. The Ruby script above looks just like gdk..."

Yes..I made it the same as GDK to make it easier to use.I dont like memorizing another function name just to call a gdk function.

And yeah..I guess it seems like im rewriting the engine in Ruby...The same for Lua Im rewriting the entire engine to Lua too..I want my script engines to become capable of calling most of the engines functions so that the scripting engine has the same capability as the engine itself..

The purpose of rewriting the engine into Ruby and Lua is so that i can make an entire game,minigame and other side quests in a full grown game simply by using scripts..More like a minigame in a game style..

It gives me the ability to code an entire game in Ruby and Lua which would be cool..

marlou
Years of Service
User Offline
PROGRESS

OpenAL integration

Completed OpenAL integration with GDK. 118 predefined sound effects are available.

GrF integration

FInished encapsulating loading functions and sound functions. Loading images and sounds into GDK from Grf compressed files are now available.

To Do:
1.Add the OpenAL sound engine functions and Grf functions into the RUby and Lua scripting engine.
2.Make a demo for OpenAL sound engine and Grf functions.

marlou
Years of Service
User Offline
PROGRESS

RakNet
Currently working on RakNet for LAN.

Newton
1.Still trying to finish up Character controller for Newton.

marlou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 01:59 Edited at: 11th Jan 2010 02:14
PROGRESS

Pathfinding-Recast&Detour
I can now build navigation meshes from DarkGDK objects..
Finished up on Navigation Mesh Pathfinding.
Its near completion now. Still have to add path markers and some movement functionality.

Link to ReCast site
http://code.google.com/p/recastnavigation/

Well that was fast navmesh building..0.0ms for building a navmesh..
I get frame rate decrease though..I dont know why..But i think it has nothing to do with ReCast and Detour..

And my d3dLine3D function from CloggysD3D gives me a runtime error that's why i cant display the lines for the path..

Pathfinding
1.Add functions that display path.
2.Add pathfinding movement to objects.
3.Make a demo.

marlou
Years of Service
User Offline
NEWS

]Quantum Neural Networks
Altaisky Quantum Neural Network doesnt work. The weights of the neurons diverges no matter how I try. Using custom activation functions dont work. Well. Im really surprised that it didnt work as expected. The weights tend to approach infinite value without activation. Using activation functions, the classification success rate is only 25%-50% which is bad since 100% is the goal.

Im really discouraged now. The engine has been compromised since it has no functioning quantum neural network. Its classification rate is only 25-50%.

And no updates for other component engines yet.

I think Im going to continue with the engine without the quantum neural network algorithm. But i dont think its going to be called Quantum Horizon Engine anymore. Im moving to the WIP board soon.

Pretty much made a blog out of this thread. LOL.

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2010 11:05 Edited at: 20th Jan 2010 11:05
Quote: "I think Im going to continue with the engine without the quantum neural network algorithm. But i dont think its going to be called Quantum Horizon Engine anymore. Im moving to the WIP board soon."

So you're gonna use good ole FSM for you engine?

marlou
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So you're gonna use good ole FSM for you engine?"

FSM and some Neural Networks(NN without quantum computing).
Or maybe i should make up some AI idea and implement it.
I dunno. Im still a bit discouraged with the non-working QNN. I should have double checked the idea.

marlou
Years of Service
User Offline
Got the QNN working now.
The low classification rate was because of an unsuitable training set. Using another training set,i can get 100% classification rate.
This means its working. It was my fault why it didnt work.
Its a good thing that i changed the training set. It made me realize that the problem was the training set and not the QNN.

marlou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 12:49 Edited at: 19th Apr 2010 13:02
Major Bump..
No progress so far..
Planning to implement luabind for scripting..
Im waiting for the DarkGDK source codes to show some low level functions so i can try to rewrite DarkGDK to load other file formats...

EDIT:
Nah..This aint gonna work..Im still not gonna finish a game..XD

EDIT AGAIN:
Bah.. Im going to make a simple memory game with luabind and Quantum Game Engine..Whatever..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 01:26:14
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 01:26:14