Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 1 .dbo object but not all limbs collide.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 14:59 Edited at: 9th Dec 2009 15:27
i have a single .dbo object which is a room where the player walks around. i have sparkys collision set up the player collides fine with the walls and the table and the chair but for some reason dosent collide with some other stuff like the bed and the wardrobe. and the entire house is exported as a single .dbo object

i tried playing around with it by adding random boxes to the house. Some of them the player collides with and dosent collide with others.

why is that?

edit: played around with it a little more and so far, boxes arent detected by collision as well as spheres or geospheres. Byt cylinders and planes are detected by collision, but its still unclear because the main object of the house is a box and there are some other objects made with boxes which are dtected by collision.

i am using milkshape btw

dont hate people who rip you off,cheat and get away with it, learn from them
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 20:15
ok so i decided to fool the application by making some of my models that are supposed to be boxes out of very scaled down cylinders which look pretty much like boxes, it worked for the first the fake cylinder box was detecting colllision,but but when i took a few of those and made a chair out of them it does not detect the collision any more.

i guess this thread belongs in 3d, i thought it had more to do with sparkys collision when i first posted

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 17:11
solved it, with an Sc_updateobject command

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:28:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:28:26