Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] [x9] WW2- Germany's Uprising

Author
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 07:20 Edited at: 30th Mar 2010 21:13

Author: BlackFox

Updated: 30-Mar-2010

Mod: RPG Mod

Storyline:

With the violation of the Versailles Treaty and once political consolidation (Gleichschaltung) was in place, German military leaders began to plan an offensive to fund their war efforts. As they prepared to battle their enemies on many fronts, they were secretly planning raids on various mines and tombs, which contained gold and artifacts to fund their war efforts. With many gold caches scattered throughout the country, they believed they would be able to tip the scales of power in their advantage. After all gold had been collected, they would have the ability to create their ultimate war machine, and take over the world once and for all.

You are Sgt. Kirlano, Troop Sergeant of the 3rd Brigade in the US Army. With the location of a German bunker confirmed, HQ has devised a plan to use you for secret missions behind enemy lines. Your mission is to gather all documentation, maps, and other items that may detail the German plans. In addition, you are to take all gold and artifacts you encounter. Slow the Germans down by any means necessary. Report back to HQ any information you find.

Infiltration: Level 01

Navigate through the enemy tunnel system to locate the underground mine. Locate each T# switch sign, which opens the remote door for each tunnel. Be certain to grab the radio and maps. Good luck.

Screenshots:

Viewing the personal mission log

Map and radio room

Picking up the map

View the map

Viewing the Inventory

Other Screenshots:

Looking at the Map details in inventory

Switch room with guard on patrol

Objectives checked when completed

Immediate objective- find the exit

Viewing Mission Book

Demo Version:

You can download a demo version here:

WW2- Germany's Uprising Demo

Developer's Notes:

This is the first game we began to work on when we purchased FPSC. The story of this game focuses on events "behind the scenes" during the battles of WW2. Upon writing the storyline, we decided to break the game into three parts. WW2- Germany's Uprising is part one of three, and will contain 10 levels. Once completed, we will be on part two which will focus on another military army other than Germany during that time period.

Level Design Notes- Updated: 30-Mar-2010

Levels:
– Done!
– Working on…
– Not done at this time
- Designing in notebook
- Fine tuning/last minute edits

Level 1- Infiltration
Level 2- Underground Mine 01
Level 3- Underground Mine 02
Level 4- Base Entrance
Level 5- Supply Compound
Level 6- Underground Base
Level 7- Destroyed Town
Level 8- Weapons Cache
Level 9- Fortress
Level 10- Invasion

Credits:

The following people are credited for their hard work in various aspects that assisted with the development of this game- ranging from segments, models, scripts, applications (to create objects, etc), tutorials, or help on fixing small issues:

Flatlander
KeithC
Plystire
s4real
Xplosys
Cosmic Prophet
PW Productions
Maxiqueen
JZ
Darimc
TeMpLaR
Charger Bandit
Gunn3r
GotAway
Kravenwolf
Fuzz
General Jackson
Daniel Wright
Mgarand
hockeykid
Gladius
Doomster

Cheers

Mike

Yearcut
User Banned
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 09:58
looks good...

Your signature has been erased by a mod. please make it no larger than 9999999 x 9999999
teamhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 12:09
That was clever how you did the map.
This looks good.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 14:24
I like that map thing, but the game needs something to work on still. It's all stock and you can get a lot of free stuff around here, the rooms could be more populated with entities... STATIC entities. And lighting is kinda bland too. What's your ambience?

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1904357
More info at the product Chat! FPNS comp
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 19:57
Thanks. I am trying to sift through our inventory to see what "entities" we can use to place. Even trying to run a pipe system in the corridor.

The ambience is set to 7 and I'm using a grey light.

Cheers

Mike
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 21:06
Keep ypur ambience at that. And use different variations of lightts for different places. Make the lighting look interesting, cause it is a big part of a game. But I like your huds, the map thing and this game seems interesting in many ways.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1904357
More info at the product Chat! FPNS comp
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
This is looking good but like Metal Devil said work on the lighting a bit more and get away from using all stock items.

Keep up the good work

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu fpsc packer its free.
Arctek
Years of Service
User Offline
It has a distinct Wolfenstein-ish feel to it! Keep it it up!
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 22:35
Looks good
Tips:
1. Download the mp40 with hands. Also download the other ww2 guns that have hands.
2. (shameless add) Buy my Kar98k from my website ($3.00) and I'll send you the Tommygun with hands that I did for you
3. I have planes in GCS if you need them

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 23:28
I like the idea, BlackFox You going to use the stuff I made if you make outdoor scenes? (wink wink)

Cheers

PwP

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 00:24
@ Arctek

I enjoyed the game Return to Castle Wolfenstein. That gave me the idea to create this game with the "behind the scenes" feel.

@ General Jackson

I will definately do the research to d/l mp40. If it's part of a model pack, we'll have to get it.

@ PW Productions

Yes, we are using the pack you sent us. Level 7 I believe is the destroyed town level and features your work.

I'll be adding more screen shots for the rest of the levels soon.

Cheers

Mike
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 01:13
Looks good, I like the map

This is the MP40 with MP6 hands btw

http://www.fps-files.com/download.php?view.186

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 02:05
Thanks Vent for that.

Cheers

Mike
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
If you made the installer I would suggest allowing it to install on other drives (so your not forced to install on the C

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 02:59
@ hockeykid

I did construct the installer and forgot to remove the flag to set the directory as default. I fixed that and recompiled the demo. Now you can choose a directory.

Thank you for pointing that out. Appreciate you taking the time to let us know of this oversight.

Cheers

Mike
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@ hockeykid

I did construct the installer and forgot to remove the flag to set the directory as default. I fixed that and recompiled the demo. Now you can choose a directory.

Thank you for pointing that out. Appreciate you taking the time to let us know of this oversight.

Cheers

Mik"

Did you re upload the demo? (couldn't install the first one, not a lot of space on C

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 05:54
Yes, demo re-uploaded. Link in first post will always be valid.

Cheers

Mike
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2009 05:32 Edited at: 31st Dec 2009 05:33
Updated: 30-Dec-2009

I made an update to the first post on our game. I want to take this time to thank Gunn3r for the well written article that inspired us to keep our post looking organized and detailed (ref to A BOTB Look on Designing FPSC Games – Part Two).

Cheers

Mike

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2009 06:05
Looks very well put together!

-Keith
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2010 03:24
That first post makes all the difference. It's great to see that people are actually taking note on how they appear to others. The game itself is coming along really well, it looks, and I'm looking forward to playing a fully polished game in the future. Keep up the great work, Foxes.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2010 09:12
Nice so far BlackFox.

I, too, really liked the map. What a good idea
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 05:32 Edited at: 25th Feb 2010 07:23
Update: 23-Feb-2010

We have updated our WW2- Germany's Uprising Demo. There have been a few additions to the first release:

- Changed the look of the map (see first post)
- Added a video scene when you start a new game
- Added a video at the end that gives the credits
- Updated the help hud showing keys used in the game

Development for this game presses forward. We currently have 85% of level 7 completed and have already drafted out the next 3 levels in our notebook. After we come up with title names for the 3 levels, we will be working on the development of the two sequels to this game.

Installation Notes:

If you have the previous version installed, you should uninstall it first before installing the new demo.

Download:

The download is posted in the first post.

Cheers

Mike

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 05:54
Nice, will download and play after school!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 16:56
That looks great!

Thanks to CoolTEXT for making this image.
The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 15:07
Ooh... I like the snazzy map idea , as well as the huds, they are cooool!

I just think to improve you could add a little more to the rooms. Perhaps some more entities

But still, really really nice!

The Imperfect Sheep - making your world imperfect since 2008 - not so much of an achievement!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 18:22
The pop-ups are great; and it has an all-around solid feel to it. Really reminded me of a 3D version of the original Wolfenstein!

-Keith
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 18:46
Thanks for the suggestions and comments. This has been a real test for us in developing this game. With so much information available, we need to ensure that everything flows well.

I will be adding screen shots from the next levels soon, including our level 07 which is a destroyed town. We are very pleased with the results so far and have our storyline in place for the two sequels.

Cheers

Mike

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2010 06:43
Its looking good man, keep it up. I will look forward to seeing the come along.

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2010 21:49
looking good! going to test it out

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 23:48 Edited at: 1st Mar 2010 23:53
Level 02: Underground Mine 1

In this level, the player navigates the first part of an underground mine the German army has excavated. The objective is to collect all the gold and any artifacts before the Germans can remove them.

Other Screenshots:

Locating hidden artifact

Hidden tunnel

Cheers

Mike

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 00:51
Level 03: Underground Mine 2

In this level, the player navigates the second part of a large underground mine the German army has excavated. The objective is to collect all the artifacts before the Germans can remove them.

Other Screenshots:

Inside the mine. Soldier on patrol.

Mine exit

Cheers

Mike

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
why dont you add some cool lighting it would come the best for this

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 07:17
Nice screens, like the look of it. The lighting is maby tad bland, but at the same time, i think it actually works with this game. I like how it's not over (s)crapped with all kind of random entities. The map is still friggin' cool idea. It definelty has a Wolfenstein-ish fell to it (now you only need objects that always face you, no matter how you turn)

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 08:51
Looks OK, like the huds and the map thing on the first post. Lighting looks rather bland TBH; The stock white lights really spoil the screens.

In screen number 2, with the light on the ceiling, the stock white out of that really isn't good: Try a hex-code like 98d9fc on that particular entity.

Also, make sure you set the ambience to a very low value. Not 0, that makes lighting effectively impossible in larger areas, but below 20 or so.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 18:51 Edited at: 5th Mar 2010 18:52
Level 04: German Base Entrance

In this level, the player exits the mine after discovering there is a German base. After gaining entrance to the base, the player needs to locate documents and an important book, which contains some key notes to the German plans.

Other Screenshots:

View map (multiple maps on one key).

Compound

Cheers

Mike

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 18:59
I really really really like the way you have used the stock models of FPSC. Will follow this project. Which mod are you using by the way?

Abdul Ahad
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 19:08
Liking the new screens! I love that "book" thing and the map thing! Rreally great work! The lighting somehow fits to this game, don't know why, but it kinda does. The outdoor scenes could use some lighting thou. Other than that, nice job. You will get better when making, I can already see some progress on your design

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 19:37 Edited at: 13th Mar 2010 20:17
Thanks

@ AbdulAhad

We are using RPG Mod for this game. It has excellent fps, and Flatlander did a great job on this mod.

@ Metal Devil123

The maps and book worked out great for us. In the beginning we had just one map. Now I have the script providing the ability to cycle through multiple maps if they are available in that level. The book works the same way. To add realism to the game, we decided to put the text in German. Hopefully I remember my German correctly

Cheers

Mike

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 21:03
Im giving this demo a high mark becouse im in the credits,lol, but realy.The only 2 things I have to say is.

one:you need to kill all your trigger events after they have happened, like when I collected the to do list, I can acsess this any time, so the trigger event should not take place any more. when i got lost and ended up in the begining the event happend agien, this made it fill a little well, bad. its not bad so dont get me wrong, the game is real good.

two:the graphics are bad, not the real game play but the menu, it streached on my screen making it look real low quality. try to make the menu sized smaller.

three: the in game movies are well, not that good, being done in fpsc it makes it look as the actors are just standing there not really talking, if your going to do it this way then give them a more still animation to where there not moving there heads all around. or do what i do and get iclone or use 3ds max for your movies.

other then thease three things I enjoyed playing it, it reminded me of the james bond games made for the nintendo system.

one other point is fpsc has really bad start up graphics, this means that just drop in and play you will end up with bad looking game play. To fix this add some lights with a little blending to kill the bad grapics issue. what i do is i use 2 difrent blends of colored lights in the same room to make it look dim and bring some reality in it. then i will set the dynamicshadows=0 to 1 in the setup game script in the built games folder. hope thease little things help.

my score with this game is a 4 from 4 out of 5. 5 being the best 1 being the worst.

ps. good scripting

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 21:21
@ Daniel

Quote: "one:you need to kill all your trigger events after they have happened, like when I collected the to do list, I can acsess this any time"

Are you referring to the Objective hud when you first start? I could have killed this trigger, but I also thought if I left it and you did get lost, seeing the hud come up would tell you "hey I went the wrong way because this is the beginning" I could kill it after it displays at the first start.

Quote: "the in game movies are well, not that good, being done in fpsc it makes it look as the actors are just standing there not really talking"

It was more or less a demonstration on how to have a video play in the beginning. We will be creating a new version of it down the road, and it will be completed when this WIP wraps up.

Quote: "To fix this add some lights with a little blending to kill the bad grapics issue. what i do is i use 2 difrent blends of colored lights in the same room to make it look dim and bring some reality in it. then i will set the dynamicshadows=0 to 1 in the setup game script in the built games folder"

I appreciate the tips <scribbles in notebook> and will definitely try these out.

Quote: "my score with this game is a 4 from 4 out of 5. 5 being the best 1 being the worst.

ps. good scripting"

Thanks. We've learned a lot from various people, including Plystire, Xplosys, and Marc Steene on the scripting. That's what led to the ending Credits video, our acknowledgement to all that have made media and such for us developers. Without all of you, we could not make this game happen.

Cheers

Mike

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 23:11
hey my friend, no prob,

here is another tip I just made for you for this game

born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
I like this style

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 04:25 Edited at: 30th Mar 2010 21:04
Update: 25-Mar-2010

WW2- Germany's Uprising has been updated. With the full integration of RPG Mod, we have redone the demo and level 1 screenshots. You can view the new screens in the first post, as well as download the new demo.

Added: 30-Mar-2010

We will be requesting this thread locked, as there will be no more posts made on the game. It is now going commercial and development is completed. We will now be working on the sequels to this game title.

Cheers

Mike

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 21:24
Locked at Author's request.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 23:01:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 23:01:58