Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / i think my forum etiquette sux?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2003 19:32
I read the post "some suggestions for newcomers" before posting and it said dont ask loads of questions at once. i thought this meant loads of questions in the same thread. i posted 4 diff threads each with a question. then i read forum rules, it said dont post so many threads. should i delete them and put all questions in one or something? if so how do i delete a thread? or should i refrain from asking one when another is unanswered? or is my forum etiquette fine and im only paranoid?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2003 19:39
No...I don't think your etiquette sucks. You have already made the effort yourself before asking, and that makes the biggest difference.

Jeffro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2003 19:46
I think it means don't ask lots of unrelated questions in one thread. However all us newcomers are encouraged to look through the existing threads or do a search coz more than likely our question may have been asked before and is already answered somewhere.

Most of the others in these forums are extremely helpful, but there is only so many times you will get an answer to 'how do I print "Hello World"?' without being flamed .

If your four questions were on different subjects then I wouldn't worry about it too much, at worst you simply won't get a reply.

It's never as easy as it looks!
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2003 18:40 Edited at: 5th Sep 2003 18:40
thanks. guess im just paranoid

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:24:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:24:03