Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / multiplayer.lib Error (on a single player map)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I get this error when i compile my program.

I did NOT add nor to i wish to add multi player stuff to my game. This all just randomly started up. I looked around for help on this forum but all i can find is adding dummy multi player stuff, and i find that a waste of my time / not fixing the real problem, which is this randomly started happening and obviously means something broke i guess. I\\\\\\\'m trying to fix this on my own, but currently am very lost.
Todd Riggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 23:48 Edited at: 12th Dec 2009 23:55
* edit: sry.. I responded without reading your whole post. I see that the dummy lib didnt help you.

I think mabie you have updated your DirectX SDK to a more current one. DarkGDK needs the March 2008(???) version of the Direct SDK that still has the Directplay component for the multiplayer stuff to work. Newer versions of DirectX no longer has that outdated directplay component to use. So, you will most definitely have those exact errors if that's the case. Unfortunitely, TGC doesn't see the need to drop the multiplayer stuff so we can have clean compiles without it.

Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 00:31
Quote: "DarkGDK needs the March 2008(???) version of the Direct SDK"

August 2007

I suggest that you make the dummy lib, because then you will be able to keep your DirectX updated, since the only thing tying DarkGDK to the August 2007 version is the multiplayer.lib. It contains deprecated DirectX multiplayer functions, hence why newer versions of DirectX don't work with DarkGDK.

Your_Health = (My_Mood == HAPPY) ? 100 : NULL;
Zapleaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Making a fake file just to get this engine to run sounds like there is a huge lack of customer support with GDK. I just rather find a more supported engine. Thanks though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-05 21:11:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-05 21:11:48