Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Double faces / Object Invert w/Awesome schematic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know how to accomplish inverting an object model(normals) in Maya, but I need a way to attain 'creating faces' on both sides of a model dynamically within DBPro. Any suggestions?

Attached is some programmer art I did for the game I wish to try and create, a sort of 'red faction' style deformable terrain. (a 3D mining affair)

I've just bought Dark Physics, and am going to try using 'metal cloth' which the player will then dig into... The reason I wish to be able to invert the object is a question of visibility for the player, I think If I create a button which the player can press and inverts the 'metal cloth' ground object and makes it semi-transparent- then the player will be able to navigate their 'chambers' optimally.
Nights Bane
Years of Service
User Offline
Forgot to post the image:

chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2009 11:46
Have a look to SET OBJECT CULL command

learning every day
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2009 14:19
The guy in that bottom picture has a serious medical problem if you ask me!

But on a serious note, in the future, please try to keep the width of your images to no more than 640 pixels wide to keep them forum friendly for viewers with not-so-wide displays.

TDK

Nights Bane
Years of Service
User Offline
Ach! Sorry about the large image file- I'll check out the object cull command when I get home. At a friends home/pc atm. cheers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:21:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:21:59