Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Models aren't loading properly

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, i'm kinda new to this thing and only have 8 hours to complete a project. anyway, my problem is i have a model with an animation that my groupmate created and exported into .x format in blender. My problem is it won't load. I searched around in google but didn't find anything. The files are indeed stored in the proper location and i verified that with dbFileExist. I noticed that the files I have are human readable in notepad++ while the colonel-x, the guy in the sample, isn't. I don't know if this has any standing but i thought you should know. Finally, is it possible to change the orientation of an object. I'm making a third-person camera, and i want to use dbCameraToObjectOrientation, however that method won't work right if darkGDK thinks that my objects feet are it's front. Oh, my groupmate made a new model with out animation, and it works so that's what i'm basing the previous question on. That's all. I'm also going to upload one of my nonworking models so you guys know what i'm talking about.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
show the code or loading code and the playing code. that will help

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"
little green dude
Years of Service
User Offline
I had problems with the direct x exporter. I went to http://www.omariben.too.it
and pulled down a different version of the python script which seems to work better.

Hope this helps you out. And, if you feel like returning the favor, I'm stuck on applying textures to the exported .x files once they are in DarkGDK.
blackice89
Years of Service
User Offline
i used the exact same code as the demo, with the exception of changing the specified .x file indicated in dbLoadObject of course. Sorry i can't provide it, i'm really rushed )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-05 21:09:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-05 21:09:05