Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Zelda

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2003 14:29
Yes strange title but related.
I was playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time the other day and I noticed something. The textures are AWFUL! Now would someone like to remake this at all? Cassic game and in DB Pro it could be done. Anyone facy having a go?

I find your lack of faith...disturbing.
Joeyjoejoe Shabadoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I think that Zelda: OOT was exellent, specially for an n64. They really pushed it to the extream there.
Remaking it would be a challenge, it is a big game.

This sig is poinless. Poin poin poin poin!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2003 17:11
Ack, OOC sucked, Majora's Mask was cool, Wind Waker sucked. I swear the best Zelda game was Link to the Past (fourth time posting this next bit) I even beat it with a zero, no dieing or saving. Takes about 5 and a half hours in both US and Japanese versions, and no I didn't use a ROM.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Interested in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Imperial Darksith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 13:02
I thought that they were both excellent standard but Wind Waker... What were they thinking???

They should have stuck to the tried and tested formula from the graphical point of view.

Stick with the graphics that the fans know and love, don't bother changing it.

I was thinking of naming the project TimeWarrior. Got a cool title screen too! I'll see if I can post it sometime.

I find your lack of faith...disturbing.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 13:15
they have a new version of OOT in TWW packaging, or atleast they did no doubt find a copy at your local second hand store.
personally i think the new cartoon style fit the game bloody well, although i did like the old animé feel to the game.

i dunno its a hard toss up really, because the classic graphics were stunning - but the new graphics are just so well done and they work so well with the atmosphere of the game, kinda like in Sheep Dog'n'Wolf (that was a classic too if you ask me, alot of people didn't like it though)

Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 18:01
I liked Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. I also liked Majora's Mask, but I didn't finish it.

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 18:06
I was browsing the remakes.org file list and I saw that they were remaking The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask/The Wind Waker in the SNES style for the PC. Havent been to the makers site in a while, and I personnally think they quit, but it'd be neat to see that happen.

Dark Basic Pro has arived! I can feel the power!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 18:08
I highly doubt that due to the haevy use of 3D movement and persective used in those games.

DDR is the best form of exercise money can buy.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 16:50
Quote: "I thought that they were both excellent standard but Wind Waker... What were they thinking??? "

I actually like the wind waker graphics, it works particuarly (sp?) well when you approach windfall island, looks like a drawing.

c:/dos
c:/dos run
run dos run
DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
celshiding is all fine and good, but when nintendo did the old bait-and-switch with the graphics for windwaker, i was somewhat disappointed. i'm not particularly fond of the WW graphics; they're pretty but don't fit the game really. OOT/MM had the perfect graphics blend between reality and fantasy. and the link vs. ganondorf trailer for the GC looked pretty much the same but much more detailed.

stop looking at me!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 03:11
i think thats mainly why people have a problem with then Drake, because everyone thought it'd be another remake with updated Cartoon-Reality graphics like an Animé rather than a Cartoon. (i know they're the same but an Animé tries to mimic reality just look at most of the Manga Company films)

i'm interested to see if they've stuck with the graphics or changed them back for the new one

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 04:30
Soon as I started playing Wind Waker, I forgot everything I'd ever thought about the graphics. I thought they were very well done, and it was a good change in the end.

Ocarina of Time is still probebly my favorite Zelda game of all time. It was really the first Action-RPG(RPG/Action/Action-RPG/whatever you wanna call it) I'd ever played. Great story, very memorable to me.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 18:05
Rather than the graphics, what really pissed my off about WW was the fact it had only 5 levels. Come on, this is supposed to be the best Zelda ever so why is it that the one created over 10 years ago still has more levels? 'Link to the Past' had 13 levels, OOT had 9, Maijora's had only 4 and a half, but it had a real involed over world. The next Zelda game better take me the better part of a year to complete insted of the half week it took to defeat Wind Waker.

DDR is the best form of exercise money can buy.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 18:53
OOT only took me 2days too complete, Mask of Majora took me the better part of 2 weeks simply because i kept failing at the final challenge and you have to keep going back in time all the time.
Never completed Link to the Past, gave up about 3 dungeons in - it bored me. But then i played OOT as the first Zelda i played
TWW took me 3days, but they included OOT and Master Quest which both took me a good sight longer to complete

the new one hopefully is going to be alot longer because if you think about it they complete remade the originals with the updates, they're the same but still takes a long time to update all of those graphics and animations

so really for that 2years of work it was a new engine, plus around 25 dungeons ... so the new one is probably gonna be pretty huge.
the problem never was the level count, but the fact of the story to go with it - and the design of the world.
You can get away with less if the design is much better... TWW took me a while because you have to travel between the islands so much.
That and i don't think i had the chance to pay AS much

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2003 00:03
I hope the new one is much longer, they can store a good 1.5 GB on that disk, I'm sure they can fit more dungeons on it then before.

Dark Basic Pro has arived! I can feel the power!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2003 06:08
more a case of time rather than size.
the older 2 zelda games were packed into under 32mb each

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 13:51:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 13:51:55