Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 16:27
Hi All.
I`m making multiplyaer game CS`like. And I need help with bots. Can anybody
make adwice or write something. I don`t know how to make them. Please
help if You can.
MADMAX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 16:28
Sorry, for spam.
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 17:57
Lemme refer you to a massive post I once done...

http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view.php?t=924&b=6

This is the theory, my teachings focus on theory 'cause I don't like to spoon-feed my audience. They don't learn that way. You can take this material and work out your own code, don't be a stranger.

This has "Fiasco" written all over it.
Bogboy2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 19:36
Look at the iced demo which comes with DB it has goblins which walk around untill they see you and then come after you

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 13:23
I'm writing a section on my web page about the enemy A.I. i will be using fro may game, may not be exactly what you wanted and kinda simillar to what Mirthin wrote but you should gain at least something from it. It's not finnished yet but it should be within this week!

http://www.geocities.com/hexgear/dbcode_enemyai.html

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, that's to find meaning in the suffering - DMX
TheNVS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 19:12
i had the same question before i figured out how to make multiple bots that think the same, MADMAX. before, i would create individuel towers or enemies. for eg. writting two scripts for two towers that act the same; i would not like to be making so many individuel scripts for over ten towers.

so, i figured out functions and arrays. this could be really long to describe. but answers your question on how to make bots(if you are saying mutiple bots). before i spend alot of time telling you things, tell me if you want to make multiple bots and that if you know functions and arrays. i think you have to know functions and arrays to make alot of bots. if you dont, i might help you with that.

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 22:11
Hexgear, that's a good idea - different AI routines for different states.

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 00:27
thanks mirthin but it's gonna take a while to code though. Hopefully you all we see it in action when i finnish my Ninja scroll Demo.

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, that's to find meaning in the suffering - DMX
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 04:30
Ai is oftenly very expensive on the speed ...
for a CounterStrike style bot, you'd want them to be simple and effective within a single function if possible based on thier Bot Sheet

for this reason you'll use alot of calculated randomness to do set routines, for example cover...

you have intelligent 0-10 ...
you'd check what action you do based on intelligence and time it on that too - so if he is like 5 then
fCurrent# = timer()
fCheck# = fDuration# + fCurrent# / 1000
fIntel# = IntelArray(1,0) / 10
if fCheck# = fIntel#
then bAction = 1
endif
fDuration# = fCurrent#

and then it'd have the program take miliseconds to reacte - however longer to reacte is still more time to shoot them

you could have aim as a Random number to offset the normal aim, so if its 0 then its perfect aim and 10 would be barnyard shooting

bots need just alot of random factors, and you can make them quite fun to play against

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 14:02
The thing is, Hexgear and my teachings are focused on a sort of MGS theory. The 'bots' are not looking for you, until they see you. Bots in a game where the simple story goes "You're in a tournament" will be hunting for you because they know you're there.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:15:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:15:44