Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / FPSC Levels in DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2009 02:58 Edited at: 24th Dec 2009 03:35
So I'm pretty sure that its possible to upload a premade FPSC level to DBPro, however I'm not sure if it is possible to edit things within that level like, I don't know, maybe enemy AI (I know that you can do that with FPI), or adding a few RPG elements. Not sure if that would require moding FPSC (know that can't be done unfortunately) or if its possible to code it in DBPro.*Note I'm very new to this...pretty much why I'm posting this here.* Thanks.
Zarok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2009 09:56
Your right, you can make an FPSC level and use it in DarkBASIC Pro, but only static objects. So you cant load a working enemy straight from making the level, you would have to load the model in after using DBPRO.

And yes you could add RPG elements, because you are only loading the models and textures in nothing else! whats to stop you

http://darkbasicprogrammingworld.blogspot.com/

Byte < Kilobyte < Megabyte < Gigabyte < Terabyte < Petabyte < Exabyte < Zettabyte < Yottabyte(If only)
Nicholas Primiano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2009 14:23
Thanks for the help, but one more question. I'm guessing that do this using the textures and models form FPSC X10 right?
Kinetic
Years of Service
User Offline
Some quesions OT:

1) Do you also load the skydome from FPS when you load a level? If no how do I do that?

2) What happens to doors? Are they locked shut or do they dissapear?

-Andrew

---

-Kinetic

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:17:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:17:04