Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / html parsing (ultra newb) debugging

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
help needed, i want to make a simple web browser from raw dbpro, i am unfortunately a newb at programming and i need some assistance

my goal is to use d3d or ogl and to move most of the processing onto my graphics,but one step at a time. currently all i want is to read my index.html file, will research how to parse or interpret later, just want to dump the raw html into a string and display it.

guess what

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 09:58 Edited at: 25th Dec 2009 09:59
You know DBP is based on DX? Which means you're not going to use OGL.

Not sure how you're going to manage to write a parser if you're stuck on just loading the initial file.

For starters, your loadFile function has a repeat loop inside a while loop, why?
Remove the inner repeat loop and leave just the wile loop and move the close file command to outside of the loop.

You may also want to look at my XML parser. It's still a work in progress, but I commented heavily on the code and it might help you out.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=162669&b=6

Several times I thought of trying to make an HTML renderer in DB, just for fun. I think you're going to find out it's a lot more difficult than you thought.

p.s. Welcome to the forums

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
> 0 rows returned
monstercameron
Years of Service
User Offline
i have to agree with you its a bit of an undertaking, but it'll be a work in progress.

guess what

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:20:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:20:22