Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / ftp program keeps disconnecting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to make an ftp program but it keeps disconnecting. When i type in a command it will do that command then disconnect. I have darkbasic pro upgraded. thanks for any help you can give on this.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2003 03:30
Actually your code runs OK for me. Have you got the right site name/login/password? Are you being blocked by a firewall?
Dragula
Years of Service
User Offline
I do have a router hooked in line with my cable modem, would that be causing this to happen? If so how do i get around it?
Bladerunner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 00:51
The Only Way I Know To get around a firewall without totally disconnecting it is by following this. I used in in W3 Port Forwarding. O and if U don't have a user name for it just type "admin" in the password spot

PORT FORWARDING

Port forwarding can be used to set up public services on your network. When users from the Internet make certain requests on your network, the router can forward those requests to specific computers that are equipped to handle the requests. It is advisable to disable the router's DHCP function to utilize this.

Below are steps on how to do Port Forwarding;

1. Open the web browser and type the router’s IP Address.
2. Enter the Username and Password.
3. Click the Advanced Tab, then Forwarding Page.
4. On the Service Port Range enter the port number.
5. On the Protocol choose Both.
6. On the IP Address, enter the specific IP address that you are using.
7. Click Apply then Continue.

Check out this site; http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/app_port_list.htm . It has all the common ports you may need.

If you are going to use Port Forwarding, ensure that the SPI mode and Block Wan IP Address is disabled. SPI mode and Block WAN IP Address can be found in the Filters Page under the Advanced Tab.

Live as if your were to die tomorrow... Learn as if you were to live forever
Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:26:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:26:30