Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Anyone know how to read web html source with BlueGui

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to read the Html source from a web page and was hoping there'd be some way with BlueGui ...That I'm maybe I'm overlooking.

Anyone have any ideas on how to read in the HTML source from a web page?

Auggie
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2009 18:38
Copy the text contents over to a text box and see if that works.

Auggie
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually as I have it now I copy the text from the browser, and have DB paste the clipboard straight to a Rich edit box. Still I was hoping there'd be a way to grab the actual html source, then I wouldn't have to copy it.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2010 08:54
You can always download the html representation of a web page using for example the urlmon dll, then just read the downloaded file.

sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 21:10 Edited at: 8th Jan 2010 21:14
As rudolpho suggested, I download the url and then read it to a memblock or string and parse it. I've written a few scrapers for game websites to collect data for a database and it seems the easiest way. The only improvment I would like is to do away with the `middle-man` of downloading to a file and then loading the file. It would be much nicer to have a `download url to memblock` command
The plugin I use is GOGA's tools. Below is the function I use for simple downloads:

Also needs IanM's matrix utils.

Edit: If you are trying to read the data from BlueGUI's web browser window then I would like to be able to do that too! I did have a quick try but coulden't find any easy way to extract the window's contents.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 20:18
You can always just write a function to get the memblock "directly" by letting it do the downloading behind the scenes and then just abstracting yourself away from that implementation. It works, but may of course be a bit slower than it could be to receive the information directly.

sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2010 21:37
Yea I have written a simple wrapper function to do that, it was just for the sake of elegance that it would be nice to download url's to memory without involving file access.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2010 22:47
You can download direct to a memblock;

Have a gander at this;

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=77150&b=18

Boo!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:41:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:41:01