Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Symbiotic -{with Fenix Mod}-

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2010 06:12
Why am I not surprised

jk

Great screens as always!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2010 08:02
every hard working game designer needs a drink here and there, cheers wolf!

I'm sure once the hangover is gone you'll be back to your usual readiness to make amazing designs!

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2010 15:35
Wow, those screens are amazing.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 22:01
Bump! Any updates, or you just been drinking and partying too hard?

My old YouTube account got deleted. My new account is called MetalFPSC. thanks for your time!
Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 22:13
This is very pro looking with a nice Dead Space look and feel to it

FPS Creator Games
Years of Service
User Offline
every hard working game designer needs a drink here and there, cheers wolf!
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 17:13
As stated in the commercial quality thread thingy, you ARE the best. Especially when it comes to the clever use of light & darkness.

Hell, if you`re as good on UDK / Unreal 3 as on FPSC, I´d love to have you on board of our next commercial project.

Come to where the madness is:
http://www.homegrowngames.at
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 00:41
Quote: "As stated in the commercial quality thread thingy, you ARE the best. Especially when it comes to the clever use of light & darkness.

Hell, if you`re as good on UDK / Unreal 3 as on FPSC, I´d love to have you on board of our next commercial project.
"

Thanks! I'm flattered But I have to disappoint you: I have absolutely no experience with UDK. But thanks for the offer!

@all: I'm completely Sober , and here comes the update

* I've been working on the first HUD's. I showed one to Bugsy and he like it, so I guess it should be done soon. I've also made a cool Spacesuitmask HUD for the Outdoorlevels

* I haven't done almost nothing on my computer the last few weeks so this update is very small.

* I tweaked around with some decals and remade the zombiesounds. They do scream more now instead of stereotypical moaning.

* I have some super random screenshots:

I like the eyes

I love how the Model harmonates with the segment on that one.

Super random door/hallway screenshot.

A game like Symbiotic needs proper blood effects

So, comments are appreciated.

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 01:00
Gotta love them zombies
I totally adore your attention to detail with the full fitting derelict grunge look and they nice gun metal grey feel.

Erm.. not sure on the blood to be honest?? looks a bit like aerosol spray paint ?? Maybe a few highlight in the decal to make it look wetter ??

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 04:15
how did you do the blood wolf?
bman332211
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 04:28 Edited at: 17th Aug 2010 05:41
@Nbt when a person gets shot the blood would come out like a cloudy smoke.

@Wolf The screens look amazing

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 04:36
Quote: "when a person gets shot the blood would come out like a cloudy smoke. "

I always ponder upon how people know the certain ways people will instantly bleed when shot or stabbed

If something is perfect, it probably doesn't work. -PWP
bman332211
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 04:58 Edited at: 17th Aug 2010 05:41
@PW Productions I actually read about that at http://www.videocopilot.net/

someone posted on the forum how blood looks when someone gets shot.

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 05:18
A bit odd, but alright...

If something is perfect, it probably doesn't work. -PWP
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 13:04
Looking good as always! I think this is one of the few FPSC games where you can take a screenshot anywhere you want and it would still look filled and detailed.

LOVIN' the zombie re-texture. So brutal

Deflate the mystery of living in the most heartless fashion I could ever imagine. No pretense of decor.
Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 13:20
Quote: "@Nbt when a person gets shot the blood would come out like a cloudy smoke. "

I can only really judge it by blood in movies etc I guess. Just looks strange to me is all

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 16:55
WHOA this is so great...it should be another BOTB (maybe VBOTB)

looks awsome I love the retextures!

I'd have to say........ The Game Creators can make dreams come true.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 17:02
Lookin good!

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2010 22:03
This looks amazing:
-Lighting, beautiful.
-textures/retextures, increadibly nice grunge, love the zombies.
the blood would be better if scaled down in the decalspec.
I hope you continue it.

good frame rates matter...
Jeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2010 01:22
this is awesome iam not sure i cant decide wich1 is better this Symbiotic or some russian Go and drink or something like that. Both games are GREAT. I think wichone will have better sound and AI (always worst part of the game) will win.

My Specs : CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-core 2.80 GHz Win7 Ultimate
Memory: 4 GB RAM DDR2
Grapphics Card : NVidia GeForce 210 1 GB
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2010 23:17
Guess who's working on this again?

But I have to change pretty much everything...so ignore the old screens.

-Wolf

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 23:08
yay you're working on it again!

why do you need to change everything?

good frame rates matter...
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2010 21:43
Developing Euthanasia has teached me a lot of things about FPSCreator.

First I need to make smaller levels. Which isn't that bad, because I can make them more detailed now. Euthanasia showed me that large levels tend to crash on weaker systems even after a stable build.

It also showed me a lot of stuff I could improve and I really want Symbiotic to be my best.

Thats why some things change

*The game will now be less shooter based (don't worry! you'll get your guns ) but a whole lot more like an adventure. I have
a lot of cool ideas on how to make the game more intense. It will be very penumbra inspired but completely different.

*I will use normal and specular mapping to create vivid visuals. Even segments will be shaded in this game and I have to admit that it adds a lot to the graphics. I will use fullscreenshaders as well.

Thanks to Bond1 for developing so much nice shaders!

*The Level will now be even more interactive. You can do a lot in a single room, like using coffeemachines, searching closets, reading on computerscreens and pinboards. There are also a lot of moveable objects etc. For players that don't want to click on every damn object in the room to proceed: this is no such thing.

The game is made that the first logic idea that the player has in mind usually works. Even though there might be a better way to solve it. Its no such thing like these old point and click adventures where you searched ages for that one thing to do in a large level. =P

*The Game will be released in episodic versions.

*The Story has new depths that take it even farer away from being a zombie shooter.

-Wolf

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2010 02:00
Sounds good!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2010 16:22 Edited at: 31st Oct 2010 16:23
So yeah!

I fear that I have to disappoint some of you people because I will set the development on this to a pause.

Why on earth would you do that?

Well, first of all: With the release of Euthanasia I was amounting the expected quality of this game. So people would expect me to add much more than I am able to. Second of all: The game has way too many features I started. I'm not making any progress and it is way too much work for just one person.

Third: Its not fun. I made a Horrorshooter with a lot of blood, gore and all this creepy mess and now its settled.
I'm simply not enjoying doing such morbid stuff anymore. Not because I became "soft" but because I want to do something else! I don't really know how I should explain myself in english here.

4th and most important: I don't want to tell you my whole dramarama lifestory. People who know me might know a few details but lets say that if you break a few rules those rules might break you and that in the end you have to pay for some of the stuff you did. I payed alone without work at home. Without love and forgotten by all the people I've known. I made a lot of mistakes I'm not proud of and I broke a few hearts I was supposed to heal.
So in a nutshell: I found a way back to live now and I start again. I get back to education next year so I can study art (maybe) and I have pretty good chances to get a job for this year and well..I got my life back. Yeah, you might wonder why I do tell you all that? To tell you that I simply don't have time to work on such a huge project.

I hope you guys understand me and are not too disappointed.

So this thing is dead?

Pretty much. But if the mods don't mind, I would like to keep this thread on the forums because I think its showing a few pretty cool things made in FPSC that other artists might get inspired by.

I will also drop the Cosmic Prophet, Bond1 and Errant AI a line if I can release the media I made for this for free. A few things of course, please understand that I don't want anyone to "steal" the visual style of this game.

So, what are you doing? Leavin FPSC?

Of course not! I will keep working on System Log and on a new Secret Project I'm working on a while. Please note that I do these only for fun so the quality is not as high as in Symbiotic.

So yeah, sorry for bothering you with this dramarama

-Wolf

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2010 17:18
Well I understand everything you said... Yeah we get bored (I think that's at least close to the word you were looking for) with things we do over and over - like horror games... So you just need to take a break, try new genres and go back to what you did before with more knowledge.

But I don't want symbiotic to die! Could someone possibly take it over since you won't be working on it?

Good luck with you art studies and job-acquiring.

Redoing my entire website... again. EDIT: Finished it! Whew.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2010 11:09
Thank you PWP!

I'll start a thread for my new project soon.

Its not a that bad idea to let someone take it over, but the only person I could imagine doing this, Doomster, broke his computer and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't agree XD

-Wolf

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2010 13:32 Edited at: 4th Nov 2010 13:33
Good luck with your future projects!
I'm tracking

Gibba gobba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 03:54
awww, i was reading this thread and hoping to be able to play the game! great work up to this point man! i cant comprehend how you do so much detail! and ya, ive seen people obsess over games like Nazi Zombies or crap like that, and it does get old. keep doing great man! would love to see what happens with this in the future and anything else you do!

Pingas. Period.
The Unofficial Migration Suggestion Board
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166736&b=26

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:39:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:39:41