Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / www.jaxteam.co.uk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 00:50 Edited at: 7th Sep 2003 00:53

The Jax Team website is complete! Finally...
So why not go visit and see what you think.

< [href]www.jaxteam.co.uk[/href] >

All comments are welcome, but remember the content is not entirely complete, eg the downloads section. But there is plenty to look at.

Thanks, Martin

http://www.jaxteam.co.uk - complete! Go visit
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
cusoi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 01:04
Nice site! There is one problem I found: when you want to get a bigger image of a picture in the art section. You link to a file '.JPG' sometimes but it should be '.jpg'. And at the screenshots by the games you do just the opposite, linking to a file '.JPG' where it should be '.jpg'. I'm not saying you don't know that they are case sensitive, I'm just trying to help you to kill the dead links http://www.jaxteam.co.uk/artwork/art/art_jax_1.jpg.

Now I'm reading this post back... One positive line and the rest is all blablabla about one mistake. But it's a great site. A lot better designd than mine.

Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 01:37 Edited at: 7th Sep 2003 01:39
yes some screens(probably all) are broken links ans that means the screens at daily click where you got the award for blicka block are also broken and do not display Also the eternal destiny site doesnt work...but i must say the look of that is site is PRO.

-john D.
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 01:40 Edited at: 7th Sep 2003 01:41
sorry to be rude but it doesnt look like any of your games were made using DBC/Pro...do you even own DB or is this a kind of ad?

-john D.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 02:05
Eternal Destiny will be featured on this website Thanks for your support. As soon as production heats up (as soon as our darn model gets animated, we can work out everything else and fly) we can get some information for you.

Thanks

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Porting all files to my new computer
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 03:07
ah looks like ED is the DB game after all...

-john D.
Critters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 09:41 Edited at: 7th Sep 2003 10:08
lol, thanx for the support, ill go fix that problem

There is nothing on the ED project because nothing has been decided yet

John Darkeye - I have DBpro, but I am learning

+ I will be beggining a dbpro project shortly (just because im a noob, im going to start a project to help me learn), kinda empty at the moment .

Thanks, Martin

[edit] - Problem solved, you can now visit the award, artwork pictures, eternal destiny bit and blicka block screenies . If there are any more broken links, please report

Critters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 12:42
im also doing a guestbook section soon

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 16:03
Nice site

however if yoiu click a screen in blicka block then press "back" then you go back to the main blicka block page and not the screns page.

Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't
Bus station = where bus stops. Train station = where train stops. Workstation = ?
Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 16:05 Edited at: 7th Sep 2003 16:09
This site is very nicely designed

One suggestion that you might not want to take on board but you might...

The whole website could be remade without flash as a compliment to the flash site.

Thats not as stupid as it might sound, now that you've made it in flash so it looks nice, you could easily re-create a lot of it with javascript and ani gifs.

That way, a simple javascript could be implemented in the index.html page to detect if the flash plugin is installed, if so then goto the flash site, if not then go to the non flash version. That way you can skip past the ugly "warning" style page, and just go straight into the website without any compatibility fears. If you want any help with this, drop me an email, its a very simple code and I don't mind helping as it would make a really cool looking site even better by being quicker and smoother

Also, the text on the front page, presumably you are going to be updating this part quite often, so it would save you a lot of time if it was a small html inbedded frame area rather than having to update and upload the entire new .swf file everytime

Anyways, don't take any of that as criticism, its a great looking site, very smooth, very well designed, and I love youur logo Its just that you'd be surprised how many people don't have the flash plug-in, being that Windows doesn't come with it as standard, and most innexperienced users won't ever download plug-ins, because they are scared of falling prey to a virus hoax

Great site tho, well done

[edit] Also found a bug, on the intial screen, clicking on the logo instead of 'enter here' doesn't take you to the main site, it links to 'http://www.jaxteam.co.uk/www.jaxteam.co.uk/home.htm' which obviously doesn't exist

Quikly Studio Pro. Soon. Honest.
Critters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 16:53 Edited at: 7th Sep 2003 17:00
lol thanks for the 'constructive' feedback Kangaroo2. Some of those things you sujested I have previously thought about but just never known how to try.

Also with the Home section, I will create that as a text version, updating it is hell!

I think I will email you if thats ok

No more bugs

David - Workin on it

[edit] - Now all pages have the .jax extension, how cool

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 17:01
Quote: "being that Windows doesn't come with it as standard"

actually, WinXP comes with the flash 5 plugin.

Win98 (standard IE 5.0 i think), comes with a flash plugin but i think its a very old one.

Anyway martin, the site is souper
I agree about the logo, it's one of the best iv'e ever seen, iv'e always thought this website would look ace ever since i first saw that logo a couple of weeks ago

I look forward to seeing some more content, like hopefully Blicka Block 2 made in dbp

Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken.
Critters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 17:10
thanks Shock, Blicka Block2 sounds promesing

I might be creating some project content on TMB in the near future, who knows

Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 22:21
Shock I have a Windows XP CD and a 98SE CD here and neither have a flash plug-in. Some restore disk or pre-install versions may, but as far as I am aware, Microsoft have not managed to strike a publishing deal with Macromedia for distribution.

Martin - Sure, feel free to email me, I could certainly help you out there

Quikly Studio Pro. Soon. Honest.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 22:54
I have read this whole thread and posted this reply all before your image loaded off your server

-RUST-
Critters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2003 01:04
well it is a big picture
+ Its worth waiting for good things

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 13:48:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 13:48:50