Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / extra weird

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 01:44
try making a player object like a cube controled by the arrow keys....then try to make look like it's on fire or whatever(i dont care what it looks like ) by positioning particles at the object's position.Notice that as you move...the particles slowly move a bit behind...does this happen on your pc?

-john D.
TeePee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 04:42
um i dont really know what your code is but i think i know whats going on. basically its to do with the order of your code your probably doing all the particle stuff then positioning the cube afterwards. lets just say the cubes position is 'x'. if you do the particles first it will position the particles at x position then it will move the cube lets say....you move the cube '2' so the cube will be at x+2 and then it will update the screen and the particles will be at x and the cube will be at x+2. just put all the particles stuff after the cube because then the cube will go to x+2 and then the particles will position where the cube is which is x+2 so theyll be at the same place
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 06:49
don't forget tho
if something is on fire and it moves in any direction, the fire will tilt/trail behind it due to air pressure, so maybe what you have already is good?

-RUST-
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 13:36
no it doesnt trail the whole thing moves...

-john D.
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2003 13:42
OMG! TeePee you were right i think the prob is solved now i just moved the code about! If my game is ever finished you will get a high place in credits!

-john D.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:33:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:33:55