Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Lightmapping?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2010 04:14 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2010 04:50
Hello all, My apology's in advance if this is the wrong area to post this question.
I've taken quite a break from DBP for awhile, but I'm back now and at a loss it seems.

I'm currently using 3D World Studio to make maps, and I can't seem to get the light renderer to work right(It's as if the light direction is always the same, no matter where I put lights), not to mention the light mapping seems to not be that effective.
Is there any way to fix this, or if not, does anyone know of a good light mapping tool out there, or perhaps a good 3d modeling tool that has good light mapping integrated.
Thank you in advance.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2010 08:01
I've never had any problems with 3DWS lightmapper. Are you placing the lightmap files in the same directory as the map file when you load it in DBP?

If you're looking for a separate lightmapping system, maybe Dark Lights will work for you. I own it, but really can't comment on it, as I've never used it.

Servant Saber
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, my problem's not from loading the light maps in Darkbasic Pro, it's in 3DS itself.
for instance,
When ever I have a light source, say a Sun, And place it say just outside a window of say a house(with the intention of casting light on the floor from the window), every time I render Lights the global lighting from the sun always comes from exactly the same direction, no matter where you place the sun.
I'm talking about global lighting as seen from the 3ds real time window.
Normal lights such as spotlights are great, it's global lighting that's the problem.
I apologize again for not posting in the 3DS section of the forums, it was late and I was half asleep, No excuses though^^
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2010 23:39
I never made outdoor levels, I just made interiors, so I know nothing about the global lighting. Maybe someone else knows how to fix it.

Servant Saber
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Zaibatsu, I just went to Giles for my lightmapping as it seems the problem with 3d world studio is a simple bug that was never fixed.
If anyone stumbles on or knows the answer, that would be great, but Giles Light mapping is working for me at the moment.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:29:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:29:17