Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] The Shadow People

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2010 10:25 Edited at: 5th Jan 2010 04:27
The Shadow People

Game by: mAcpo

Currently devoloping in: Fenix Mod (wish I could get a good 3rd person going!)

Story: Still very much a work in progress but...

You are Ethan Gray. Your brother Marcus has vanished. He always believed that shadow people were agents of Hell who seek and deliver the souls of the damned. He swears your dad was murdered by "them" after seeing it happen when he was very young. He has since been riddled with nightmares and reoccurring dreams of your fathers passing. He has been obsessed with the paranormal for most of his life and ended up forming a ghost hunting team that did not follow conventional rules. While away with his team to investigate the old abandoned Weston Asylum - Mark left a very creepy voice message on your phone... "Matt, I can't find anyone else from my team, there are voices coming from every direction.. I swear I saw Dad here Ethan.. I can't figure out where I am or how I got here.. Please come find me...WHAT IS THA....... Click.

Are you ready to face the dark corners and unknown in hopes of finding your brother and what really happened to your dad?

Demo/Walk Through: Coming Soon

Videos: Video added.. Watch in HD, the youtube conversion process darkened it quite a bit - will remember that for my next upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YztSCcin2sQ

Screen Shots: Screens are a little darker than actual game

[b]

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2010 10:58
That is superb so far man, the storyline sounds fantastic and those screenshots look great! The re-textured look of the zombie in the first two screens looks wicked, and definitely compliments the sinister and grim atmosphere you've got going.

Really looking forward to seeing more and being able to play a demo soon. Third person might cool, but so far this is looking like it'll turn out to be an amazing first person survival horror my friend

Cheers

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2010 11:35 Edited at: 4th Jan 2010 11:36
WOW! You are not just a great modeler, you are a great level designer too!!!! This looks absolutely fantastic! Maby you can compete with Wolf soon!

mAcpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2010 21:18 Edited at: 4th Jan 2010 21:19
thanks guys! I'm working hard on organizing all my thoughts for each level. I have a ton of ideas for gameplay and effects. I have figured out how to script most of it but I still get stuck from time to time. This is my first project and I intend to make it big.. Fenix Mod is great and comes highly recommended by me - I am actually a Paid User of Project Blue as well (which I created most of my scripts in) so the merger will really add some spark to my game!

I will post my checklist of current progress just as soon as I get it cleaned up - right now it is a lot of scribbling on many many pages of paper

Wolf does outstanding work! If I can come anywhere near the quality of games he produces I will be very very happy.

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2010 22:39
Wow Mac, this looks stunning
Keep em coming

mAcpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2010 04:26
Video added.. Watch in HD, the youtube conversion process darkened it quite a bit - will remember that for my next upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YztSCcin2sQ

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Just watched the HD version. Excellent work, perfect use of the shaders, the best I've seen so far!

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 02:10
I think that this could very well be a fantastic game. The enemies look creepy already (although, I hope for some more variety) and the Level Design looks fabulous! Good luck with this, I'll be keeping an eye or two (possibly three) on this project

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 03:30
Jeez, watched the video, the zombie is transparent! That is most definitely new and very creepy in a different way Once I buy more points, I will go to your stuff first for sure!

-PwP

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 03:47
*GASP* nice. lol
mAcpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 03:50 Edited at: 7th Jan 2010 03:52
Thanks for checking it out guys! I have been putting a lot of work into a new model for this game that will also be going up in the store.. I will keep it a surprise for now but I will post some screenshots of it when its a little closer to being ready.. It's a little off the wall and something I have never seen in fpsc before - hopefully thats a good thing

Quote: "The enemies look creepy already (although, I hope for some more variety)"

I am working on the environments for the most part right now but thinking about the exact style of enemies I would like to have as I go.. I have edited the script for this particular zombie to make him full on run and attack all the time (like left 4 dead).. which will make things interesting when all you see is a pair of glowing red eyes trucking towards you from the darkness.. I am using Fenix Mod right now so I can develop in 1.16 but I have a TON of scripts that I have written and edited in project blue that I really need.. so I am really anxiously awaiting the mod merger.

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 04:46
Quote: "It's a little off the wall and something "

Were we supposed to take that literally?

But for criticism, I've none, maybe darken the lights' colour, it adds a great effect and is what CoZ (and others) use...

-PwP

Current Projects/Packs:
-WWII Pack & SoundFX Pack
-The Jeiharra Chronicles (on the FPSC W.I.P. boards)
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 14:45
That HD video was very nice! I like the transparesnt zombie. That is kinda scary too. And the red eyes... You know what would be scarier? Fast zombies, and they can go trought walls! Well, not necessary, if you can make so that they can move around objects if they run into one. Adn different is wálways good

Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
Since I haven't been on these forums for awhile so I don't really know how wolf is but if he's better than you in level design he must be a real pro. Saw the video and great use of lightning. The zombie was also great with the red eyes and all that. If I made this game I would include some kinda demonic enemy which grabs you (like the bite animation of the zombie) and slowly sucks out your soul.

/seerzack
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 01:08
That's what the zombie does, grabs n' bites, vicious lil' beast.

Current Projects/Packs:
-WWII Pack & SoundFX Pack
-The Jeiharra Chronicles (on the FPSC W.I.P. boards)
OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 01:51
very nice. i hope demo soon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 17:44:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 17:44:39