Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / The Jeiharra Chronicles - Nightfall

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 03:27 Edited at: 5th Feb 2010 01:28
Mods, Please lock this, thank you![center]

[/center]

Hopefully this'll be a series, next one I'm already planning is The Jeiharra Chronicles - Revolution. And yes, I abondoned Primordial, this will be a lot better. Anyways, I'll get right to the tasty parts, don't feel like typin' a lot...

Story:
You were once a crewmember above the November, a cruiser class starship, sent to colonize one of Jeiharra's moons and hopefully encounter other... 'friendly' intelligent lifeforms and create peaceful trading relationships. Yet about 500 miles out from the surface of Jeiharra, something catastrophic happened. The only thing you remember afterwards is blacking out. Now, from your perspective it seems as if you're in a ghost ship, in space. Yet once you find the main hangar doors, you will be mistaken. Oh, and if you did have your memory in tact, you'd realise how difficult it would be to colonize the moon of Jeiharra.

Meh, Features, why not:
-Custom sci-fi guns rigged to custom hands which I will reveal later.
-Custom textures...
-Custom music and sound...
-And whatever else, using PB V1.7.

(UNOFFICIAL/UNFINISHED) DEMO OF LVL 1 IS NOW AVAIlABLE!

http://www.mediafire.com/?zq1kwmzwoyj

About the demo, please do not take anything out of the folders, the sounds are things I've worked very hard on... Also, I do have other backdrops and background music, I didn't want to change anything as it was a rushed demo

Screens:

This is where you 'wake up'.

This is a shot looking upwards from a hallway, just liked the look of the lighting and what not.

C&C Welcome, I will keep this updated and will not abondone it like Primordial

-PwP

Credits:
-CoZ, for his shaders, and he's just awesome
-Same with Kravenwolf for his models which I will show later
-The PYRAMID Works Pro. Team (yes, I have one If you volunteer [unpaid] you may receive free media we make as a thank you if you contribute nicely - e-mail me)
-bond1 for his shaders, and he's just awesome (again)

Thanks guys!

New Site is up! Go check it out!
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 04:11
This sounds, looks and feels like a solid start my friend. The storyline, while cliché at first glance, does seem as though it could have some depth in progression and lead somewhere exciting for sure. I'm greatly looking forward to your custom weapons, having loved the look of your previous creations and quality of work that seems to be enhancing quite well.

The screenshots themselves look good, lighting and entities are well placed. Of course! More screenshots, videos, and demo's, those sorts of things are always a better judge at developing titles.

Keep it up man, looking forward to your progress

Cheers

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 04:43
Thanks braden, always enjoy your comments

More screens till tomorrow:

This is the hallway I mentioned in the 1st post...

And some more destruction screens, have to use a different rubble model, Cosmic's doesn't fit very well. Tell me what you think...

Again, C & C welcome, don't be a lazy [lalala] and just view, go 'ok, whatever' and don't post

-PwP

Current Projects/Packs:
-WWII Pack & SoundFX Pack
-The Jeiharra Chronicles (on the FPSC W.I.P. boards)
Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 04:56
Looks good man, I like the latest screens, textures on the wall look slick.

Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 07:00
Looking great

Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 10:14 Edited at: 7th Jan 2010 10:15
This is definitely something I'm going to keep an eye on. Love Science Fiction and this games seems to be able to become more than just an ordinary Sci-Fi shooter. There seems to be some high quality lightning and just overall intresting level design based on the screenshots so far. Like Braden said the story seems a little bit clichè but with the ability to grow and become something unique. I'll be keeping my eyes on this.

/seerzack
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 10:56
In the lastest screen I don't like the pieces of metal sticking out of the ground. They don't look right because the floor itself has no cracks etc for said pieces of metal to stick through. The segment it also too clean for one ruined by debris. I also think the floor is too flat for the kind of effect you're wanting. If metal girders or bars from below had punctured it pieces would be bent out of shape etc.

And what is the warning pattern on the floor? It doesn't seem to be quite straight.

Looks good though.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 14:38
I agree with Butt Money about the metal peices coming from the ground, but I still like the look of this project. Keep it up!

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 23:13 Edited at: 8th Jan 2010 01:04
Alright, butt monkey had some real good criticism, think I'll fix a few things

-PwP

EDIT: May make some 'hole' or scratch overlays to add extra... realism.

Current Projects/Packs:
-WWII Pack & SoundFX Pack
-The Jeiharra Chronicles (on the FPSC W.I.P. boards)
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 23:26
I like your use of lighting very atmospheric it gives the game a very claustrophobic feel

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 03:14
Looks nice. The door in the last screen doesn't seem to blend with the rest of the environment though.

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 03:15 Edited at: 8th Jan 2010 03:16
Wow! Very nice grungy sci-fi look you've got going here. Sometimes a hard thing to pull off, kudos to you I agree with small fish, it looks very claustrophobic and cramped, which is a good thing Keep it up I'd really like to see more from you soon

EDIT: Agreed with Coach, add like a frame around that door at lease so its not just a "billboard door" sticking off the wall
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 04:47 Edited at: 8th Jan 2010 04:48
New screens, not making much progress, still working on stupid bugs with custom media.

The hallway below is where you 'meet' the message 'person' who guides you via commlink throughout most of the game. This is also the part where the scares start happening...

-PwP

Go to my website, if I get enough members, I will buy a domain and appoint more moderators
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 15:18
Very nice. To be honest, this really makes me want to do sci-fi! Damn your inspiring work! I like all your segments. They look awesome, and this game looks really atmospheric too. I see you have LITEZ. Would you recommend?

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 19:44
The first of the latest screens looks VERY good. I really like the lighting. However, one thing spoils it - The light ray coming from the ceiling lamp. You have really nice, soft shadow spread across the wall and floor and then a very solid light ray at the side. I don't think it fits well with the scene.
jojje
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 19:51
I love these screenies you have. This is gonna be a goooooood game
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
It's desided I'm definitely looking forward to this game!
Agree with butt monkey though about the light ray from the lamp.

/seerzack
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2010 05:26
Quote: "Would you recommend?"

Very much so, like, it's unbelievable and totally a new idea

Thanks for the comments guys, especially butt monkey so far.

Go to my website, if I get enough members, I will buy a domain and appoint more moderators
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 06:29
Double... Update of progress, messin' with shaders and am done with the 1st level (building demo as I type!)

I had a few ideas of shaders I could use as different 'visors' you could switch between via scripting.

-The tactical visor - outlines all objects to get a better perspective of faraway objects and in darkness...

-And the Light Visor, lets you see anything in clear view in the darkness...

And yes, those are actual shaders in-game, not photoshopped effects

-PwP

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 11:06
Wow, those effects are nice. I like the outline thing very much! And that light thingy is good too. Maby there's some improving on the light thing, but can't think of anything. Well, it looks nice. Keep it up. That's very interesting way of using shaders.

Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah nice idea with the diffrent visors. I'm really excited about the demo can barley wait for it now.

/seerzack
OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 15:28
Like the effects. keep it up
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 18:23
The demo is up guys, look up...

Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
Well just played through the demo which was kinda short. I think it's better not to rush anything but to take your time and to make something longer and better. I also noticed at the first door it says press ENTER to open although you open the door with F. Something i liked though was the atmosphere and the background sounds which where good in my opinion. The only bad thing here is that the sound ends very abrupt and then restarts which screws the atmospehre up a little bit. Mabye fade to end and fade to start would be better. Another good thing was the level design which was great so far. The lightning was also pretty solid.

/seerzack
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 19:39
I will download the demo and review then

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 19:41
Thanks, dunno why it was F to use... I thought it was enter, how interesting. That demo was rushed, and actually wasn't a finished 1st level And the atmos sound arubtly ended? That's not supposed to happen, I'll have to check the script and sound again.

Screens of the 2nd level, making your way towards the escape hatch to the (surprise)... Note that the screens are very WIP, I may even have to remake the level...

Things I have to improve in that level is:
-Add more lights, mix up the colours
-Level design needs major improvement
-Add more grunge, debris, etc.

-PwP

Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 20:03 Edited at: 10th Jan 2010 20:24
I agree with you about mixing up the colors a little more. It could really add that little extra to a game. But I think the lightning in your game is currently pretty solid anyways

/seerzack
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 20:39
Someone's been waching CoZ's lighting tutorial. It looks nice. I like your lighting! It was always good. Keep up the awesome work!

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 21:18
Pfft, nah, I haven't (sarcasm)

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 02:13
what tutorial.... lol
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 03:13
Meh, not in the mood to... FPS Create, but still tried. I redid the second level and played with shaders, looks better.

Didn't like the dark red lighting, thinkin' of bright white like a spotlight.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 07:28
If the second shot is the same place, that is the same scene, that was way above there, then I'd say, I liked it better before. I like your shaders on the boxes, but I don't really like them on the barrels. Makes them look too... clean and shiny, when everything else is very grungy. But apart from that, the screens look awesome!!! Keep it up!

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 08:05
I forgot tp mention that those shaders were from CoZ, not me I have to add a Credits list tomorrow. I'm nearing completion of the level design of level 2 already, now I have to work on a Map, which will be a weapon. It'll be like idle=holding map up with a high quality texture to see detail, and walk=move map down to clear up vision.. Or fire=hold up map, everything else is lowered map... I dunno, I'll figure it out.

SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 13:38
This game looks amazing, can't wait to play the demo, great job.
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 17:56
I dont know about anyone else but I fell through the floor twice when I had to climb up all over the pipes to get over the other side of the grate wall thing. It was more when I landed that I started to fall... and die.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 21:38
It looks good, but I have to agree that the shaders on the objects look just a bit extreme. They look slightly out of place in an environment with no other shaders in it and (as has already been said) the boxes look too clean and shiny.

In the first new shot you have an orangy glow coming from the lantern, however the box does not seem to be affected by it and is instead shining as if being hit by a white light.

The shaders look fairly good, but perhaps a little bit unecessary?
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 23:15
Yeah maybe the shaders aren't so good.

@Bootlicker, I think that is due to the Bloom shader, one of the known issues was falling through the floor (I think)...

I'm not really workin' on levels now, working on some hands.

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
is this stopped??

We are watching you
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 19:18
??? I like this project and I would like to know too...

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 23:20
Yes... Sorry, didn't think anyone cared, that's why I stopped it. But don't worry, I'm finishing up a game that I won't reveal in WiP; I'll reveal it in Showcase when it's fully done You'll be happy, I promise.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 18:15
So did you remove everything you made for this game? Cause it would be really nice if you still had them and you could build it up just for fun and call it just for fun game.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 18:33
Thats exactly why I am very reluctant to give CC on screenshots and crude demos....

Posting right into the showcase board is the better idea

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 04:51
I tried the demo and i must say i was impressed

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 06:00
Quote: "Thats exactly why I am very reluctant to give CC on screenshots and crude demos....

Posting right into the showcase board is the better idea"

I believe the purpose of sharing a project in the WIP board is so the developer can get constructive feedback on his current progress, and take any advice into consideration to make their game better, so when and if it makes it to the showcase board, it will be the best it can be. And I believe the unofficial term for "crude demo" would be "beta"

Kravenwolf

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 02:18
Please lock this, mods, thank you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 19:06:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 19:06:43