Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Object edges shudder and jitter on camera movement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 00:04
Hi there!

I've got a problem with objects distorting. Looks good when I don't move the camera, but as soon as I start to move it, the edges get all jagged and shiftie.

Here is the test code that I most recently tried as an example.

I picked it up from here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=140481&b=7

It seems like no matter what I do it goes ultra jagged even when just rotating the camera with the mouse. Same problem when load any .x or .dbo objects.

I attached a screenshot of what I mean. (Not the best eh? But its right hard to cap it at the good moment)

And that is just a minor jitter-jag. Normally the problem is worst when I move to the sides with the mouse, up down ain't so bad.

I've tried just basic geometry as in the code above, .x and .dbo models. I tried both 3DS -> Panda .x and Blender -> .x, as well as loading the models from DarkMatter.

Sys Specs: Core 2 Duo 2.5, Nvidia 9600 GSO, Vista Ultimate, 4gb ram, twined 1tb hdds. Screen is a ViewSonic 22" wide, native resolution 1680 * 1050.

Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Trinity C.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 11:07
I think that is normal....I you texture objects and you put some more objects spread out in the scene, you will see that in a different aspect.I added some objects to the escene, and it looks completly different.

Have a look at it.

learning every day
TcM Trinity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 16:31
Wow. Now I've got to admit, that looks smoother and cleaner than anything I've put together thus far.

I also took a pair of simple cubes and textured them and loaded them up along with it(as .x's). That didn't work so well until I added the a line for my objects 'set light mapping on', as you had done in your example for your objects. Worked like a charm.

Thank you very much for the help. I think its time I go back to the basics and start learning from scratch again. The simple lighting and drawing accomplished things I thought could only be done with textures.

Question??: The objects I had previously made now look fine when I load them into your code. Could that have something to do with the lighting, backdrop, and light mapping? I had skipped the lighting in my expiraments as I thought a smooth box was the good starting place, but seeing that with lighting and backdrop the objects look ok... could that be part of the problem I was having?

Again chafari, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Here is the code that I added right above the start of the do loop to include my .x objects:

Trinity C.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2010 14:21
When you have a biger map, it looks more realistic than just a box.The textures make them look better as well.Here the lightmapping was manually, but you can get them with so many programs.

I,m glag to help you somehow.

cheers.

learning every day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:27:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:27:58