Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / SUPER-BRIX - Break out -clone

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 00:28 Edited at: 11th Jan 2010 00:36
Okay, so i've been working on making a Break-Out clone, and it's going pretty good, so i tought to show some screenies of the game so far. There's already up to 75 different bricks, and there will be a built-in level-editor (thanx to VanB!)
I'am also putting in some features in that the original game does'nt have (i have so many ideas, and have'nt desided yet wich i will implement). So, feel free to look at the screenies, and give me your opinions and/or suggestions. Thanx!!

Slayer rules!!! Yeaaah, man!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2010 22:53
Looks pretty good so far, I'd like to know what some of your ideas are?

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 00:45
Quote: "Looks pretty good so far"

Thanx, baxslash!

Quote: "I'd like to know what some of your ideas are?"

Well, first of all the green laser-thingy at the bottom is moveable vertically, and I thought to use a timer to make it go up (so that the playfield is smaller, and thus makes it more difficult), and have the player collect a power-up to make it go down again. There will be other power-ups that make the paddle grow or shrink, or allow the player to shoot the bricks, or have the bricks drop some deadly projectiles. Or make the bricks indestructable for a short period. I also thought of adding some pinball-like features, like multiball. And, you will have the level-editor to construct your own levels.

It would be nice to hear the ideas of others...

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 01:25
Why is this being updated in Program Announcements and WIP at the same time? Surely you're either working on it or you've released it?

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 01:40
Well, it said
Quote: "Program Announcements "
, not Program Releases, so i tought it was the right place to be. It was already done untill i realized that it belonged in WIP.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 12:56 Edited at: 17th Jan 2010 12:57
@ The Slayer
Good point but people use this for program releases.
And if this is truly in progress you should probably just stick to updating the WIP thread and save this for when you're actually finished. (And besides, the WIP board is more popular so more people are going to look over there. )

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 14:07
Quote: "And besides, the WIP board is more popular so more people are going to look over there."

Why is that?

Quote: "save this for when you're actually finished."

Good point, but...I'LL BE BACK SOON!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:21:37
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:21:37