Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Opinion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I would like to know the opinion of the people who bought Dark GDK, about the product and if possible examples of games developed with this tool. I'm indecided on buying this product or another product not from TGC. What i want and need is a product that is well integrated with visual studio. Dark GDK integrates with Visual C++, the other integrates with Visual C#. I'm trying to look at a professional development perspective.

My thanks in advanced
Aldur
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 20:06
If you look through the WIP and Showcase boards I'm sure you'll find plenty of examples of things that DGDK is capable of.

It is free, so why not download it and have a test of it yourself!

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It is free, so why not download it and have a test of it yourself!"

+1

As for examples of things made with it...go look in the WIP(NOT FPSC WIP)/Program Announcements board. Most things there are made with DarkBasic, but pretty much whatever is in there can be done with DarkGDK.
app developer
Years of Service
User Offline
i'm considering to buy darkgamestudio. I've bought some tools from tgc and i've been a little disapointed with TED because of its little support (there's not even a forum) and lack of integration with dark basic (no examples easely available). So for this reason i'm looking at some opinions from the people who already bought the tool
Dragon_Soldier
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
Well I have purchased DarkGame Studio and at the moment I am only using DarkGDK (and paint of course) because I am making a 2d game...

however the reason I bought the package is because of the amazing price and all the tools you get like cartography shop, plant life, the trees, physics and A.I. not to mention 3 programming applications....

Ok now that I'm done with listing, both physics and A.I. work with GDK and DBPro(you'll get those add-ons if the bonanza deal is still going on) and you get them with all that other stuff for a fraction of the price...

The only thing not included in DarkGame Studio is a modelling software...Not a big deal since your saving so much money you can buy one of those...

Well I hope all this text helps...

and Finally(yep I'm not done yet) get this if you want the ability to program, make maps and put A.I. and physics in your game..If you just want to program and someone else is doing the art aspect of your game get GDK (it's free!!!!!!if you dont sell your games otherwise its 20$ but it will take a while for you to get a good enough game that you want to sell it) and / or DBPro if you want, however you will not get Physics and A.I.

OK Now I'm done...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-05 19:32:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-05 19:32:15