Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with FPS Bullet Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm working on a basic FPS with the only collision check being for the enemies. I'm using a limb attatched to the player object and extended out on the Z axis to detect collision between the two.

I have it working fine but when I move the camera up on the Y axis to place it more on where the character players head would be It throws everything off. I tried offsetting the limb by the same amount I raised the camera which works close range but is way off at long range.

Its obvious to me that the collision check is from the center of the player object out to the limb... which is causing my problem. Anyone have any tips?
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 17:33
I'm not sure what you mean by
Quote: "I'm using a limb attatched to the player object and extended out on the Z axis"
. Are you using the coordinates of the limb and raycasting forward or what? Are you using Sparky's for collision? Can you post the code you're using?

Click my sig to download TGC Heroes v0.88.

chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 13:32
have a look to this piece of code....I hope it can help you.

cheers.

learning every day
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 22:52 Edited at: 17th Jan 2010 22:57
post removed (stoopid Verizon error)

Click my sig to download TGC Heroes v0.88.

Jason96P
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry I havent been able to reply back yet. I'm not using anything other than DBPro Commands. I figured it out though, I was using a limb attatched to the player model and placed out in the distance and hidden and using OBJECT INTERSECT to detect if an enemy breaks the path.

That method checked for intersection between the middle of the player model and the limb but the camera was at the top of the player model so it was not working. I changed it so the intersection check happend from the top where the camera is to the limb and it works.

There was probably a much easier way to do aiming and shooting but Im very new and learning as I go. Thanks anyway.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:26:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:26:02