Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Decal Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. I have two quick questions regarding decals in FPSC source.

Firstly, What is a decal in the source? Is it just an animated texture on a cross object?

Secondly, How do i make my own decal in DB Pro using pre-existing decals from FPSC? I am just wanting to play a decal at the co-ordinates that i give them.

.CALIBRE - COMING MAY 2010
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 13:33
A decal is a plane. They're often placed on walls and other surfaces as bulletholes or blood splatter. They don't have to be animated of course.

Making them is simple: create a plain, texture it, position it at a wall and orientate it with the wall (these steps really should be done using Sparky's DLL). If you want them animated, just tile your texture and loop through the tiles and texture the plain.

"everyone forgets a semi-colon sometimes." - Phaelax
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay thanks. So if i make two flat rectangular objects and cross them and then create an animated texture i should have the equivalent of a decal in FPSC right?

.CALIBRE - COMING MAY 2010

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:21:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:21:09