Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Creating .fx files.. - Software

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2010 17:20
I have been playing around with textures and bump maps trying to create certain affects... I believe that based on what I have read so far I need to create a .fx for the affects I wish to acheive, this is based upon the samples and tutorials I have seen.. So the question is what software do I need to get to be able to create these type of files and use them in DBPro?
Xyus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2010 17:39 Edited at: 19th Jan 2010 00:42
To create .fx files, you [edit]could use[/edit] a shader writing program.

Personally, I use Dark Shader, because if it works there, it'll probably work the same in DBP.

NVIDIA FX Composer is often highly recommended, and is free, so you should check that out as well.

Keep in mind, to write a shader, you'll need to learn HLSL, the language shaders are written in.

Dark Shader: http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=darkshader

Nvidia FX Composer: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/fx_composer_home.html
Chiblue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2010 20:02
Thanks, I already have Darkshader as part of the package I purchased with DBPro. I will give it a try...
Math89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2010 22:09
You don't actually need any specific program for that. I've always used notepad for this.
Xyus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2010 00:40 Edited at: 19th Jan 2010 00:40
Quote: " don't actually need any specific program for that. I've always used notepad for this."

True. But sometimes it helps to use specifically designed programs, especially for those just starting. Personally, I like the clarity of syntax highlighting(Shaders aren't my specialty).

But, yeah, you don't need specialized software. Thanks for catching that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:25:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:25:35