Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Axe Concept W.I.P

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2010 03:24
Ive started work on this concept just for fun, taken around 20 mins so far im attempting to paint it all by hand for the first time. Im going to start work on the leather handle now.

Version One - Battle Worn

Version Two - Rusty/Damaged

C&C Please

Shaun

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Amyrildora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2010 07:00
Looks pretty good, although the hole on the left looks kind of big its just my own personal opinion lol other than that it looks very nice

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Shaun Of The Dead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2010 12:36
Im thinking of resizing that one because it is a bit unreal.
The leather/wood handle is coming along nicley so far, but i want to add more detail before showing it.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2010 16:14
Looks like a pretty generic axe. Its got the token axe shape that pretty much every "battle axe" has. Other than a few rust marks, where's the design or original concept? Get some features in there that aren't so sterotypical of every other axe and you might be working with something, but right now its a bit bland.
Shaun Of The Dead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2010 16:36
Well. Ive never done a proper weapon concept from scratch so i decided to just use the most basic weapon as my first attempt. Im gonna finish the leather handle and then start myself a nice rifle

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 03:04
The rusty one is a bit too rusted. I don't think anyone would use an axe with holes in it.
Here's a nice rusty axe
I think you should add more scratches and in a lighter colour. The scratches seen a bit random but most would be coming in from the blades edge.

It's a good start though

"With games, we create these elaborate worlds in our minds, and the computer is there to do the bookkeeping." - Will Wright

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:56:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:56:36